Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been asked before but i have tried the search and it didnt return anything

So please point me in the right direction if it has been asked

The local ford dealer here told me that phantom has been discontinued now.. is this right ?

Was looking forward to getting a nice XR in one

Cheers

Chris

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
Yep, no more Phantom, Blueprint, Blood Orange and Citric Rush have all been axed as far as i'm aware.

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
So theres the new silver and a new red but what else bold to replace these colours?

Would love to see a blue in between blueprint and ED's/EF's Cobalt blue.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Aaron_EF8 said:
Yep, no more Phantom, Blueprint, Blood Orange and Citric Rush have all been axed as far as i'm aware.
Why have they axed them for??? They were good colors, the most popular even. Why would they axe the popular colors for?

·
R.I.P Dimebag
1,333 Posts
Because they are Ford, they get rid of everything popular and exciting and shove in replacements that are just good for business shame on you polities, hang your head in shame because this is a shocking decision.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Do we have any real proof of this, I hardly think removing a few colours from a car lineup is worthy of hanging is head in shame what geoff polites has done for Ford Australia far makes up for anything he could possibly do with the colour lineup.

No_Boundries said:
Because they are Ford, they get rid of everything popular and exciting and shove in replacements that are just good for business shame on you polities, hang your head in shame because this is a shocking decision.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
shafted said:
Do we have any real proof of this, I hardly think removing a few colours from a car lineup is worthy of hanging is head in shame what geoff polites has done for Ford Australia far makes up for anything he could possibly do with the colour lineup.

Couldnt agree with you more

·
Registered
847 Posts
I would say it is for resale value reasons, first they were limited XR colours so pretty rare anyway, then to have the colours on cars with a limited range build dates, should make the perspective buyer pay more if he/she really wants that colour. my 2c.

6pAc.

·
Resident geek freak
935 Posts
i got latest falcon colour card..has Lightening Strike and Offshore but not narooma blue, but still has phantom and blueprint etc....

·
freelance
1,086 Posts
laminge said:
Couldnt agree with you more
Ditto the agree. I think Geoff has asked for and got a lot of collective finger removed from orifaces. Things are getting better, lots of catch up to do. But remember ever in the dark times ford built great cars, now every day they are building better ones, How many colour options are there for munro or more specifically CV8R?

To the the BA XR8 for its first decent highway run today, despite the christmas radars. Love it. Thanks Geoff and dont stop anytime soon.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Just my thoughts on the XR colour changes....

New but not sure if there's more than this:
Vixen - Red, slightly lighter and brighter than Venom. Looks horn!!
Lightning Strike - A fairly pale silver. Looks very clean and neat. A subtle look.
Harvest - Green, dark. Didn't like it at first but it's growing on me. Saw one going the other way recently, looked good in bright sunshine.

Going (if Arron_EF8 is right):
Blueprint - Seems like every second XR is Blueprint. Still doesn't take away the fact it is a great colour and was one of the best ever!!
Phantom - Brilliant!! Again one of the best ever and my personal favourite.
Blood Orange - Hated it at first but it's growing on me.
Citric Acid - Just can't warm to this one.

Gone:
Venom - A really good red. Would have been one of my choices for colour.
Narooma Blue - A great colour. Ford does blue so well!!!
Congo Green - Can't comment. Seen bugger all BA's in this colour.

Other posts have hinted at a full yellow and a really bright, wild green (now that I'd like to see). The ED Cobalt Blue should make a comeback, it'd look great on the BA XR.

I think it's a good thing for the colours to change now and again, keeps things interesting.

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The blueprint is nice, would be my 3rd fav colour of the lot, but you are right there Bearman i see so many blueprints Xr's running around these days, think i saw at least 3 on the way home tonite

Pity phantom has gone, even though its still up on the ford website as a colour, in the configurator, which is a bit annoying...

Wanting to get a black XR anyway so its ok, would have got a phantom if that was still about.. .now just to wait the 5 months until i can get the damn EL paid off enough :(

Its good that colours change, just annoying for those of us that want to get a particular colour with a new plate car, rather then an old plated one...

·
R.I.P Dimebag
1,333 Posts
that's good to hear that most good colours are staying, sorry about before I get cranky when things I like become unavaliable.

As with your comments of Geoff Polities I have one thing I must say. IMO Polities has done a good job with the Falcon but i'm not convinced (yet) that he is as good for Ford Australia as you think. Yes the Falcon is doing well (thankfully) but what about the rest of the range?

Ka; axed
Focus; 7th in small car sales
Escape; not selling aswell as rivals X-Trail, CR-V, Tribute ect
Fairlane; Terrible; getting killed by statesman
Explorer Terrible, absolutely terrible sales

Out of all the Ford range only the Falcon Range is flying the flag and this is the reason Holden and Toyota are 5,000 cars a month ahead. Holden have the Barina, Astra, Vectra and Commodore as good sellers, not to mention creaming Ford with Statesmen, caprice and ute sales. Toyota have Echo (killing everything in class), Corolla, Camry (sells well enough) Avalon (crap) aswell as tremendous 4wd and ute sales.

With saying all this it's good to see the Fiesta and Territory out next year to play there part. At $17,000 the Fiesta may do what the Focus and sway customers away with high prices. I'm certain the Territory should sell well but with $500 million you bloody better hope so.

I'm a big Ford fan and it's sad to see this happening. I'm sorry this is a little off topic but like you all i'm hoping Geoff makes the right desions on more than the Falcon. When he does? i'm fully behind him all the way
cheers

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
RED_EL_XR8 said:
Ditto the agree. I think Geoff has asked for and got a lot of collective finger removed from orifaces. Things are getting better, lots of catch up to do. But remember ever in the dark times ford built great cars, now every day they are building better ones, How many colour options are there for munro or more specifically CV8R?

To the the BA XR8 for its first decent highway run today, despite the christmas radars. Love it. Thanks Geoff and dont stop anytime soon.

CV8R only came in one colour - monaro is yellow, red, green, black, silver, blue, red/orange and a darkish purple.

·
R.I.P Dimebag
1,333 Posts
Yeah the CV8-R only came in black, looked very nice.

As for the Falcon Range expect 2 new colours next year;
<b>Zest</B>, a new baby poo colour but not as repolsive as the old one (February)
<b>Envi</B>, a new green colour (March)

They can be seen on the Falcon Website.
www.newfalcon.com.au (not that you didn't know already)

Also has anybody seen a 'luscious' maroon Falcon? On the website that colour seems very nice. Wouldn't mind seeing one.

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Envi looks interesting, would wait to see it on a car before making up my mind, dont like the Zest very much tho

·
freelance
1,086 Posts
No_Boundries said:
Yeah the CV8-R only came in black, looked very nice.
No the CV8-R only came in a dark silver, no choices. You had to take the grandpa interior and the tragigic blackout on the 18'' rims too.

The point I was trying to make is it is not just Ford who starts and stops popular colours for marketing and other reasons.

Remember the peacock colour for EB was popular, then too popular, you dont want the entire second hand market, all in a few of last years vogue colours.

Sometimes there are very good reasons for limiting colours , ford has been very reluctant to release black again (once henrys trademark colour) they know it is a pain in the ass colour. Twice the maintenance, and ten times the customer complaints.
Dont get me wrong the Black looks fantastic and nothing better to see than black BA Falcon inside and out. But only the dedicated car nuts like us will keep them looking their best. Most punters will just let them deteriorate.

I love the idea of limited colour runs and hopefully a better choice over time, with a few of the stable colours having longer runs. If you cant get phantom now its a dissapointment, but for all those who own a phantom already your re-sale might just be holding its value a little better.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Well, I'm glad the I went out and got my Phantom XR8 when I had the chance then. I love the colour, even though it was my daughter who loves purple and said I had to get that colour. Got something that's resonably limited then. I hope Ford introduce a few more wild XR only colours to fill the gaps.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts