Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
FF Town Sheriff
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep thats right after my 3 km allowance, I was busted doing 67 in a 60 zone.....on x-mas eve.......

No kids in the car, as i was out with the wife, seems my mouth got the better of me, cause I didn't see him.

$125.00 later with 1 point missing, and away I go again.

Who else has been done in the last few weeks.........??????

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
what a jip....well i got done on the way to the xmas cruise...64 in a 60

·
Registered
336 Posts
Having just got back from the UK were the speed is 70mph on the Motorway... PLUS 10%, PLUS another 3mph before you set off the cameras... 80mph... vrooooommmmmm.

I am so glad to be back where the speeding driver is flogged for 4 kms over... I shakes me head.

How do I know its 4 kms over... coming home from the Airport... booked for 104... welcome back tax...

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
You're right Jase, and at 104 it can take a long time to go places! Good Friday last year I could have saved 2.5-3 hours travel time if we were allowed to do 130!

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I'm expecting one coming back from the Murray on the Hume.. Silver Camry on the side of the hwy.. look in rear view mirror.. f'ken camera.. am expecting a bill for ~115 in a 110.. bastards...

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
Im a speed ticket virgin :)
2.5yrs with license and no fines... *touch wood*
mite be getin one soon but :doh:

·
Green's Tuff!
802 Posts
I think I got one last Saturday when I was playing catch-up along the Hume before the Heathcote turn off. From memory it was a brown patrol/navara thing parked on the centre island.
Might be a big one too, hope not, I was only doing 110, but I cant remember if it was an 80 zone or a 110 zone.

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
I wonder how many people got caught by that one. How about the copper hiding behind a few trees as the limit dropt so 60 going downhill into that small town (can't think of its name) Luckily there was a fewq of us in a convoy and the UHF radios proved their worth.

If only he had done a rego and licence check on my car ;)

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Well a week before xmas I got pulled up by a cop for doing 99 in an 80 zone but he let me go and said to keep an eye on my right foot. Then acouple of days after xmas I got pulled up for speeding again, the cop let me go too. Guess I'm pretty lucky, but now I've kind of learnt my lesson :).

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Heritage said:
I think I got one last Saturday when I was playing catch-up along the Hume before the Heathcote turn off. From memory it was a brown patrol/navara thing parked on the centre island.
Might be a big one too, hope not, I was only doing 110, but I cant remember if it was an 80 zone or a 110 zone.
I know the one, and I think it's either 80 or 90 through there too!

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Fordqirl said:
Well a week before xmas I got pulled up by a cop for doing 99 in an 80 zone but he let me go and said to keep an eye on my right foot. Then acouple of days after xmas I got pulled up for speeding again, the cop let me go too. Guess I'm pretty lucky, but now I've kind of learnt my lesson :).
I got 50km/hr wiped off my actual speed once. Brought it down to 130km :/

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
think ill be getting my very first ticket after yesterdays effort on the way home from work. was cruising at 110km or maybe even 112km down a straight.......usually cruise at 110km in a 100km zone but the stereo got the better of me...lol. seen this white 4WD half way down parked on the side of the road...should have clicked since theres no driveways or any other reason to be there. look up from the stereo to see a big flash camera in front of it. dont know if it went off or not as my speedos about 5-6km faster than what im actually doing....guess ill find out!

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
Heritage said:

Uh-oh....I think you may be in trouble. I think Casper is right...it was either an 80 or 90 zone. I think Steve (AU1SIXA) knew...he told us afterwards that is was an 80 zone and he thought he was doing 82.

Hmmmm. Anxious times ahead Heritage.

·
Registered
581 Posts
It's been about 12 months since I copped a "demand with menace" from Civic Compliance Victoria although I think it's more arse than class. I do drive with one eye on the speedo and tolerate people sitting right up my clacker but sometimes I drift into the tax zone. I have had some near misses by spotting the camera in time.

I thought I'd been done for sure at the red light/speed combo camera on Victoria Parade a little while back. One night going home from work I went through on the green and the strobe light went off. I was just about through the intersection so knew at that instant it was probably me that tripped it. Confused (and momentarily distracted from the business of concentrating on DRIVING) I look down at the speedo and it was showing around 67km/h. "Fafuxsakes" me thinks. It hadn't occurred to me that the speed camera measures all the time, I thought it just operated during a light change cycle. It's been about 6 weeks and I've heard nothing. Am I Free????

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Bearman said:
It's been about 12 months since I copped a "demand with menace" from Civic Compliance Victoria although I think it's more arse than class. I do drive with one eye on the speedo and tolerate people sitting right up my clacker but sometimes I drift into the tax zone. I have had some near misses by spotting the camera in time.

I thought I'd been done for sure at the red light/speed combo camera on Victoria Parade a little while back. One night going home from work I went through on the green and the strobe light went off. I was just about through the intersection so knew at that instant it was probably me that tripped it. Confused (and momentarily distracted from the business of concentrating on DRIVING) I look down at the speedo and it was showing around 67km/h. "Fafuxsakes" me thinks. It hadn't occurred to me that the speed camera measures all the time, I thought it just operated during a light change cycle. It's been about 6 weeks and I've heard nothing. Am I Free????
Probably not. Remember all fixed speed camera fines have been suspended until they review if the camera is faulty or not (and you can bet 99% of the camera's will come back as NOT faulty - wouldnt want to lose too much revenue now). Once the camera is deemed operable they will send out your tax bill...I mean speeding fine.

·
AUTS50 #012
1,001 Posts
Fordqirl said:
Sheeesh, you are very lucky, but then again, being a female tends to get you out of speeding tickets I have noticed. You dont happen to be a cute blonde now are ya? he he he.

I got a fine for 85 in a 80 zone about 2 months ago, fixed camera in Noble Park. This would be one of those situations where I wish I was a Blonde with D cups, would've got off for sure!

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
EFJase said:
Im a speed ticket virgin :)
2.5yrs with license and no fines... *touch wood*
mite be getin one soon but :doh:
Ive been driving for nearly 3 yrs no speeding tickets yet *touch wood*, got a fine and points for failing to give way though, I was at a Stop sign and I stopped behind the line but couldnt see if there was any traffic coming so I moved forward until I could see and stopped again and a Cop car comes along and books me for failing to give way at a stop sign :doh: 3 points gone out of four. He looked through his book 4 times to find something to book me for though.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts