Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Ford Mustang Cobra RA will step up from the GT Performance to the Nations Cup catagory next year.
After a season of trying to slow the car back to the GTP field, PROCAR personnel have decided to reverse their logic.
The Mustang will have a similar power and performance package of the Viper, with the same gearbox, brakes and wheels.
The car's current engine will be up-specked to produce around 320kw at the rear wheels. :s6:
A six-speed Holinger sequential gearbox, a new rear end - more than likely designed and built by Ron Harrop - 18x10 inch front and 18x12 inch rear wheels and a better brake packge will be homologated.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Woohoo! Mustang vs Monaro :s3

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
I heard this Monaro will have around 700hp (from a bigger chev V8) a sequential gearbox, lightweight body etc. I wonder if there will be anthing on the car that is actually Holden.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Venom XR said:
Woohoo! Mustang vs Monaro :s3
Yay!! More chance to bring up the Ford v Holden banter.. :s6:

·
Mr. Embargo
3,745 Posts
Mustang Vs Ferarri, Dodge, Porsche and Lambo's...now we're asking for it!

All we need now is a TS50 to take up the battle with the GTS in the production class.

·
Registered
253 Posts
For the Mustang to get 320kW at the rear wheels I expect PHR to basically build a 5.4 DOHC V8 just like the real Cobra R.
If not they can import the real deal.
Stroke it to 5.8 and it'll be the stuff of dreams.

·
Australian Ford Member
77 Posts
Will Ford Continue to Build the RA here now they don't have to Homogulate it for GTP????

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
damn ay. That's good but bad. Yeah id say they would have to use the 5.4 but maybe we can then get a production version of that mustang with the detuned engine whcih can also be shared with the GTHO!! Still I loveed the cobra RA. It looked absolutely sweet. They would have to sell the cobra RA though becasue they have allready made them. Iv'e got pics ill try and find and post soon.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Adam W said:
I heard this Monaro will have around 700hp (from a bigger chev V8) a sequential gearbox, lightweight body etc. I wonder if there will be anthing on the car that is actually Holden.
When is there a Holden that is actually holden? I beleive that the monaro will use a 400kw 6.8L callaway enhanced V8.
This topic was discussed about 2 months ago. I can only see it fare we use the 410kw 7litre saleen V8 from the s7 and put that into the mustang.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Also I was wondering is there any restrictions for nations cup? I know the viper lambo ferrari porsche ect race in it but like this monaro and mustang where will it be equall? We can work the balls of them to kill all the other cars there but then you could work a viper to kill another car ect.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Mustang Cobra RA pics

They would have to still sell this. They HAVE made them as you can see in the pics and they might even make a few bucks off them aswell.

Attachments

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Another. Man that car is sexy!

Attachments

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
last one. Is it just me or does that car seriously look like it wants to beat the shit out of the M3 and Monaro?

Attachments

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
They had that silver one on display at bathurst outside the ford racing australia tent, i think i have a photograph or 2 of it, i'll see when I develop the film :crazy1:

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Ford Man said:
WOW!!.. Man that looks horny. Any details on $$$ as yet?
They had a bit about this Mustang in the Herald sun Car bit about 2 months ago. I was trying to keep it but some moron tufred it out (probably myself). They said all 25 examples are beeing finalised and will soon be ready to be sent to various FTE dealerships around Australia. They said don't expect it to be sold for less than 100K and it could be anything upto 120k.

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Looks awesome but i havnt seen any at FTE delearships yet. Heck i havnt even seen a new T3 at an FTE delearship in Melb yet? Are there any specs on this car yet? Will there only need to be 25 built for it to quilify and will they deffinatlly be sold at FTE? Hopfully if they are a sucess it will encourage Tickford to finetune a few regular Cobras or even import some terminators.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Damn fine looking car!:hy: That would look very good parked in my driveway.:hungry:

·
Mmmm, forbidden donut
365 Posts
How on earth can drive.com.au call that ugly???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts