Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Boat Hunting ;)
1,632 Posts
looks good mate, here is mine (I went the celaphane technique):

It looks ALOT lighter then it actually is... I tried to also go a dark to light look, one day when Im board I might change the colour scheme.

(btw mate, not trying to take over your thread, just showing other samples) yours looks great, im used to it now, but its amazing on how many people comment on it.

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
Kirky - can you post up the specs of what LEDS, resistors etc you used? And also the method.

Younggun - you too please (ie how many pieces of cellophane, where you put it exactly etc.

Both look great - I used paint on mine, but it's starting to fade, so looking at another way to do it. The easiest/cheapest of these will be the way I go.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Kirky looks great :0)

Mine car is EA Ghia, but I have also done LED blue mod, have a look at my user gallery.

Jason

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
KIRKY, looks great!!!! Nice way to add more spice to the AU Dash....I was quite sceptical about blue leds in the dash coz the surrounds have orange leds....now that I've seen yours, damn, I might just have to try the same to mine. Please post details of the leds please...

·
2,847 Posts
Hmm....sorry but I disagree 97EL...unless you go blue leds all over the interior, it's nice to leave the orange leds behind the LCD.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
97EL said:
Please, change the LCD to blue as well.

Trust me, the all blue dash looks a heap better.
I tried to do that at the start by replacing the globes but it did not work! I was quite dissapointed when it didnt work but since then I do quite like the different colors.

Just me, everyone is different and that's the way it should be :)

The LED conversion is the easy part, the hard part is getting your needle's to light up.
I will post details later. I think it will just about be a book LOL.

Cheers all

Kirky

·
wants a manual!
1,461 Posts
HOTDBZ said:
Hmm....sorry but I disagree 97EL...unless you go blue leds all over the interior, it's nice to leave the orange leds behind the LCD.
i agree. i even liked the Orange/blue contrast in Jason's EA Ghia even though he said he wants to change it. also did you get around to doing your tutorial for the LED conversion for EA-ED Jase?

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
HOTDBZ said:
It's not an orange LED behind the LCD, it's an orange piece of plastic that acts as a colour filter. I removed mine and replaced it with a 2 pieces of blue post-it-note paper, and the LCD display is blue. Only problem with doing this is you have to remove the speedo/tacho/temp needles etc, and lining them back up is a bugger!

·
Bucknaked Is My Real Name
1,458 Posts
JC said:
It's not an orange LED behind the LCD, it's an orange piece of plastic that acts as a colour filter. I removed mine and replaced it with a 2 pieces of blue post-it-note paper, and the LCD display is blue. Only problem with doing this is you have to remove the speedo/tacho/temp needles etc, and lining them back up is a bugger!
On the positive side, if you ever get stuck for a post it note, just look inside your dash

·
2,847 Posts
Bucknaked...LOL...hopefully younggun understands that you're just joking....

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
John_xr6 said:
i agree. i even liked the Orange/blue contrast in Jason's EA Ghia even though he said he wants to change it. also did you get around to doing your tutorial for the LED conversion for EA-ED Jase?
Almost, I want to fit a new gauge into the dash (wait and see), and will have to remove the dash to do it, so will take the pics then, hopefully this weekend 28/29 Feb, 17 people at least said YES and no-one said NO, so I better do it :0)

The EA also has the orange filters, I changed mine for blue PVC dividers, and blue LED's, to get the nice rich blue colour.

Jason

·
wants a manual!
1,461 Posts
97EL said:
I can't believe ppl actually like the orange LCDs....
i only liked the contrast between the blue and the orange. i wouldnt like it if it was all orange or white and orange. that sucks.

Jason i cant wait. :thup: but your not going to do it when the FPV day is on??

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know you guy's will need alot more info on this subject but I have just been too busy at work to write anything up.
I can tell you though,
I used 3mmLED's with 3000mcd.
560 ohm resisters.
All available from Jaycar electronics. The LED's were about $4.50 each and I needed 6, If you have a high series dash or XR I beleive you will need 7.
The resisters were $0.38 for a pack of 8.

The basic process is the same as a guy did on a EF or EL from ummmm let me think... ahhh Ford mods I think.

The actual process to get my needles to light up was the part I had to do with just idea's I had. I will fill you all in later ok ( when I get some time.)

Cheers all, have a great weekend.

Kirky

1 - 16 of 16 Posts