Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a small selection of the pics I took from the Drift Meet held last weekend at Port Gawler off-road park

The black Silvia, driven by JMS owner Danny 'Denzo' was a stock non turbo auto a week ago, now it puts out 280Kw at the wheels, using acetone (nail polish remover) and toulene as fuel!!

The blue VC was apparently the third placegetter in the 2003 SA Rally Championship, competing against WRX's, EVO Lancers and the like.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Nice pics there Aaron. Now I have to get off my rear and post what I have!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
E-series? Nobody was game!

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll enter drift day 7, providing I have a manual gearbox, and hopefully a hydraulic handbrake too :)

Of course, more power and a pair of adjustable roll bars would be good as well....

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
his tyre blew apparently, i didnt spot this though. crowd loved it!

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
I have pics aaron but each pic is about 500kb. Is there anyone who has some drive space to show these pics?

·
Registered
725 Posts
With that R32 rolling it like that it has to make you wonder how much longer these events will last. I hope they keep going as the ones I have been to have been bloody great. It is also good to see more aussie cars out there.

We should build a purpose built EF drifter. Buy a cheap one, strip it find an XR6T engine and away you go..

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
The people attending to race all know the risks and consequences when endeavoring to put their car on the track. They need to be prepared and ready to take the responsibilty if something like that was to happen again. They all sign a clause before hand to avoid giving fault to the track owners or event organisers. They are there at their own risks. The only difference is that what they are doing is legal.

my 2c

·
Riceboy Import Drifter
31 Posts
The r32 4 door didnt blow a tire, he was fishtailing in awesome style down the back straight at good speed when it came off the track and rolled in sand. He returned to complete a massive burnout for the crowd.
Anyway, heres some drift related pic + some of the supercross:

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~parsonsc/dd5

And the ea's arent there coz they cant drift!

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BA GT-HO said:
We should build a purpose built EF drifter. Buy a cheap one, strip it find an XR6T engine and away you go..
We were talking about this actually. Although an EA would be easier, they are cheaper, and lighter. It would look tough with the jap style stickers down the doors, but with E-series and FordForums stickers instead......

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
hehe. cant forget the shopping list AAron! :hehe:

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
iHaveAnEA said:
And the ea's arent there coz they cant drift!
Hmmm, someone needs to come out on one of our cruises then.... :angel:

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
lol yeah.
one of my mates rekoned it blew a tyre from what he heard, i guess he was wrong. i didnt think it did.

·
Riceboy Import Drifter
31 Posts
Aaron_EF8 said:
Hmmm, someone needs to come out on one of our cruises then.... :angel:
I bought an EA Ghia and was going to join the E-serias club and cruise. Never got around to it and now I've got a 180sx, its a little more exciting to cruise in than the ol EA. Unless I'm going interstate, thats where the ghia's just own.

You gotta see us on our cruises... :wnc:

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
You'll have to join us, or we'll have to join you on the next cruise mate!

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Keep an eye on the E-series events and cruises section.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts