Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Probe GL Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car is a 90 Ford Probe LX... When these pictures were took the car had 175,000 miles on it. It was fully loaded minus sunroof and ATX (conveniently, the two features I could easiest live without).

It was given to me for free by someone that I know. She did not take the best of care of the car (poor thing was in rough shape).

The exterior is Ford Clear Crystal Blue Pearl, the interior is Blue.

Hope you enjoy,

These are old pics, but with PT down I found myself with little to do so I decided to post pics.

Carpet cleaning.

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Looks like fun work! :s6:

I can't believe you got it for FREE! Sweet deal. Your interior is a duplicate of mine! What all have you done to your car? How's it run?

·
Probe GL Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far:
- I've fixed up the rear quarter, bumper, and light assembly from where the previous owners son smashed it on the freeway.

- I've fixed the suspension, tightened all of the joints, put new brakes on (they were Baaaaad!) and painted the front suspension.

- I've got the motor to run, also did a tune up, physically cleaned the injectors, and cleaned it up considerably.

-I rebuilt the 5-speed manual trans so that it could be driven in 5th gear without popping out (5th input gear was bad).

- As you could see from some of the pics I removed and cleaned the interior, It USED to smell and was absolutely filthy, the original owner of the car was a smoker and the previous owner was a pet lover (two of the worst things for a car if the owner doesn't take proper care of it).

- Stereo. :) Pioneer DEH 4100 2 MTX subs JVC amp Pioneer 6.5's in front 4x6's in back. Custom mounted in the dash.

The car is different now than in the pics, I've actually driven it for several months fine tuning and tweaking here and there. I have MANY planned mods for the car both in terms of chassis and engine, it's always on my mind! I'm sure you can relate.

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
So what are you planned mods on the engine and chassis? Also, how would you rate the power difference between the 2.2 LX and the 3.0LX, I have never driven the 2.2 before, well the non-turbo anyways.

·
Probe GL Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 3.0 has considerably more low end grunt but dies out earlier in terms of RPM than the 2.2 does.

There is definately a power difference.

The 2.2 Turbo kicks in pretty hard after the lag but the 3.0 has the power right from the start, the 2.2 turbo has more kick than the 3.0 after it gets going.

I'm not really sure if that answers your question or not but to simply put it... the 3.0 has more power than the 2.2 and you notice the difference.

For the engine I'm the one planning the supercharger looking for ideas on making the bottom end stronger.

As for the Chassis I've made my own version of front and rear strut bars.. and I'm currently trying to figure out what I'm going to do with springs and struts... the car rolls too much but by comparison my GL feels like a go cart! So maybe I'll swap springs or something... not entirely sure yet.

Most important thing now however... especially considering we are heading into winter... is getting the money to fund what I want to do near spring summer. Wish me luck!

·
Hardcore GL Tuner
190 Posts
Woah

WOW, for F R E E!!! Looking nice!

·
Probe GL Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!

·
Probe GL Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
supercharged said:
As always Ryan
Looking good!:s5
You're probably getting sick of those pics... I need new ones.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Digital Gauges? thats rare! I saw one at a pic n pull recently...I was with another bapoc'er and we both wished we could have seen it light up.

·
Mod/SCPOC/Probe LX Member
276 Posts
nice job :) i love having everything digital in my lx :)

ive got plenty of ideas for making the bottom end stronger and have some contacts and specific parts in mind if you want some input.

·
Hardcore GL Tuner
190 Posts
Yeah, the digi's look nice, but...

They can't read over 85? mph right? Other than that I think they look nice:tup:

·
Probe GL Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sarturo_91plx said:
looks alot like my car, but how did u get the interior so shiny, looks brand new almost
I've seen the pics of your car... the exterior is the same.. didn't see to many interior shots.

Your car is in better shape though. My drivers side door is rotted out and a few other things have rust on it.... I need to get that taken care of before too long. The car is in rough shape, but it's continually getting better.

The only thing in the car, besides upgrades such as the stereo, that doesn't look new is the drivers seat. The seat has burn holes in it... smokers suck.

I'm just trying to figure out what kind of modifications I want to attempt before I go cutting and hacking up parts of the car for modifications.

I want this car to have the "stock" look while performing in a VERY different manner.

I have already talked about some performance modifications, just need to make them a reality.

Thanks all for the comments, I've been in the probe family for 4 years now so I know my way around pretty well. Let me know if you need any help on anything.

And NO Glance... not armoral... turtlewax formula 2001 interior protectant. Geez... get it right already.

j/k.

·
NEPO / Probe LX Member
144 Posts
actually my car is not in better shape exterior wise anymore after what happend friday night

ok prepare your self b/c u are find the following really dumb on my part

was about 11pm, at a friends house we decide to go to taco bell

ok well im parked on the street and my friends front yard is a big hill

so when u open the door it hits the ground

well i start backing put b/c im parrall parked in and did not notice that my passenger haddn't shut the door yet

so i start backing up, well the door gets stuck in the ground and keeps bending, if u dont get what i mean here is a picture

and ways my fender is pretty messed up now and is kind of folded inwards were it gets near the door, so far that u can see the door hinges

and since its bent in the door can't open all the way b/c its now blocking part of its range of motion

ill put some pics up when i get around to borrowing my friengs digital camera again

o and about the interior i did have some pictures of it but they didnt turn out very well b/c there wasnt enough light for the picture so they are very dark and can't tell much

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Let's see some pics of your little "accident"! That sounds like it really sucks!

·
Mod/SCPOC/Probe LX Member
276 Posts
go get the speedo past 85, switch to km and it will go up as high as you want it to go. just remember 1.6km to 1mph

·
Probe GL Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sarturo... I'm really sorry to hear about your little accident... that really sucks, I can only imagine the true scale of the damage.

Caliguy... Yeah I know about the kph thing... I just don't understand WHO at Ford would've come up with the bright idea of limiting the US scale on the Digital dash and not the KM scale..
Doesn't make sense to me, and it's really really frustrating. There is a company that makes digital speedos, I'm going to be removing the dash and cluster to take care of a few things as well as add some wiring for a few "special" projects. When I do I'm gonna see what it would take to fix the speedo on the digi dash.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts