Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as you're posting your car in here, I'm assuming you want to show it off and display what you're proud of, but how would you feel about having the pictures you post here on another site? I'm sorry if I get in trouble for asking, its just that the trueblueford.com webmaster was asking for pictures of BA utes, and I found a fair few in here which I sent to him, but he will not use them on his site without permission from the owners/posters of the pictures.

So, does anyone here have a problem with this? It's not a problem if you do and your picture wont be used, but if you own a BA ute and you've posted it in here, chances are I have the picture stored somewhere, simply cos I collect pictures of nice cars etc etc.

If you dont wish to have your photo used, or if I'm not supposed to be donig this (i.e. saving the pictures from in here onto my own pc), could you please advise. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
i'm happy with my car being anywhere, aslong as no numberplate showing, especially after my key being keyed, i'd prefer my car to be slightly harder to spot (club stickers don't help :p)

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Doug has been around for a long time, and always has had a decent website with great pics.

I wouldnt go taking pics without owners permission from this site and send it to another.

but use the pm system and I am sure these people would be more than happy to send Doug some decent pics of their cars

cheers

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
oh here we go another privacy thing.

Im not moderator, and dont have a clue how forums work (other than reading and posting). But I do know one thing. Once you put pics of you car into the gallery they become public property. There is no such thing as privacy on the internet and thats all there is to it.

There are soo many falcons out there that it doesn't really matter unless you have really personalised it somehow. And if you have modded it somehow, are you seriously going to tell me that you dont want people knowing about it? Isn't that the whole reason yoy modded it in the first place? To be noticed, to stand out in the crowd?

People are far to paraniod sometimes. You have to be a tight arse to get fired up over this. Just my opinion though.

Nice of you to ask first though....

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replies, i was kinda thinking that once they're up they're just another photo too, but I thought I'd better ask first.

Anyone who has a pic of a BA Ute that they've posted up here, could you please advise whether you want the pic used or not? Thanks.

·
I wanna eat your children
4,562 Posts
FoMoCo4eva said:

Im not moderator, and dont have a clue how forums work (other than reading and posting). But I do know one thing. Once you put pics of you car into the gallery they become public property. There is no such thing as privacy on the internet and thats all there is to it.

There are soo many falcons out there that it doesn't really matter unless you have really personalised it somehow. And if you have modded it somehow, are you seriously going to tell me that you dont want people knowing about it? Isn't that the whole reason yoy modded it in the first place? To be noticed, to stand out in the crowd?

People are far to paraniod sometimes. You have to be a tight arse to get fired up over this. Just my opinion though.

Nice of you to ask first though....
ill agree with what you have said as long as no license plate is shown. and if a license plate is shown, it would only be because the owner didnt disguise it when posting the original pictures

·
gone
10,402 Posts
FoMoCo4eva said:

Is it

The guy was asking a simple question, nothing more to it, Ive replied with my opinion.

Rather than a crapy picture due to size restrictions, and without forforums.com all over it in a water mark, wouldnt it be nice if you could have a decent pic of you car on another popular site.

hence my input into pm'ing the owner.

·
Packed up and gone.....
879 Posts
I'd Love to have my pics on Other sites... It aint a BA ute but anyones welcome to them

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
XR6Child,

once my car gets back on the road I'm taking a few pics of it and bundling them all up to Doug to be put on the 'visitors cars' section - if you send me a few later on I'll send them in too if you like.

·
AKA: Spaniard
848 Posts
I'm not too fussy about that issue but, as John said, I don't want my number plates showing. Plus the stickers (both) don't help me also!

·
AU Falcon Convert
120 Posts
Guys, just say someone turns up to a car show, takes a thousand pics of all your lovely cars and starts thier own web site?? Perfectly legal thing to do.

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
i would agree with everyone, but i was thinking about the Number Plates business, if u have personalised plates y wouldnt u want to show them, y did u buy them for? and if ur car is stock y wouldnt u want ppl to see ur plates? its just a normal ford u see everyday.......but if u have got some major mods done to ur car then thats a different story coz u wouldnt want ppl off the net seeing ur car in the street coz they would know wats done to the car and u never know wat type of ppl they are, they might plan stealing it (I dont mean to point at anyone here)

this is just my opinion about the topic,
thnx
xftrbo

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
back2thefuture - b4 u post anything else check out how much posts u got,... lol

·
I wanna eat your children
4,562 Posts
98AUXR6 said:
Guys, just say someone turns up to a car show, takes a thousand pics of all your lovely cars and starts thier own web site?? Perfectly legal thing to do.

perfect example. your cars arent copyrighted.....

and the personalised plates thing...ill agree with that too....

as for the plates and mods issue....if its got exterior mods that set it apart from the rest...there is seriously no point hiding your plates...everyone will know the car anyway.....the green turbo XF is the perfect example...why would you bother hiding plates on a car that looks like that :S

1 - 16 of 16 Posts