Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"MYF60"
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
g'day guys and girls
was just woundering what other people have done in order to set them selfs up for big boost and big rwkw's?
in means of is it best to start off with the piggy back ecu and apxi avcr and a good tune then work from there or go the capa flash save some money and work from there, im chasing 300rwkw for stage 1 (want streetable 11's) but also to have the ability to change boost on the run, i've heard that the avcr is better for tunning as you can map boost against time and rpm ect ect to help with launching and traction, i've heard from other people who have run with aps stage 2 &3 and such things that they have had boost come on way too late and hit fuel cut and others say boost spiking was a huge thing, so im tending to stay clear of such problems.

any help is muchly appriciated

yours in boost and sideways motor sports :driver:

·
I <3 my XR6T
24 Posts
You can't change the boost on the fly with a flash edit, there is a fella on another forum (Geea) who uses a flash edit and a Xede piggyback to switch boost on the fly. His XR6T has run a [email protected]

·
Registered
50 Posts
1day_tornado said:
g'day guys and girls
was just woundering what other people have done in order to set them selfs up for big boost and big rwkw's?
in means of is it best to start off with the piggy back ecu and apxi avcr and a good tune then work from there or go the capa flash save some money and work from there, im chasing 300rwkw for stage 1 (want streetable 11's) but also to have the ability to change boost on the run, i've heard that the avcr is better for tunning as you can map boost against time and rpm ect ect to help with launching and traction, i've heard from other people who have run with aps stage 2 &3 and such things that they have had boost come on way too late and hit fuel cut and others say boost spiking was a huge thing, so im tending to stay clear of such problems.

any help is muchly appriciated

yours in boost and sideways motor sports :driver:
Just Email Simon From Extremefordtuning it's on this site just scroll down to it and he will tell you the best way to set up your car using the Edit if you go that way i have been in his F6 as many others have and seen it take off when driving behind him the car is a friggin 400+rwkw monster.

·
Registered
170 Posts
perthxr6t said:
Just Email Simon From Extremefordtuning it's on this site just scroll down to it and he will tell you the best way to set up your car using the Edit if you go that way i have been in his F6 as many others have and seen it take off when driving behind him the car is a friggin 400+rwkw monster.
ha ha aint that the truth. I was at the FPV track day at the same time as him...... that big black phoon of his is a freaking beast.

Peter

·
"MYF60"
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx heaps guys for your help.
"geea" sent me a pm so ill contact him on the matter as well as continue me research now on how to set the ute up the best i can to make it track worth as well as straight line fast any ideas on this matter ? keeping in mind that the ass end still has ol'school leaf springs as standard! once again any help would be great.

yours in boost and sideways motor sports

1 - 6 of 6 Posts