Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
'95 EF GLi
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my DEH-P5550 for a while now, and been happy with it (apart from a couple of small annoyances like no ID3v2). today while driving the cd stopped, reloaded and then kept playing.. it kept doing that.. so, play for 2 minutes, silent for 30 seconds etc... i tried another cd, then tried an mp3 cd... tried turning it off and on still no difference. it does this when the car isnt running too.. anyone got any clues or had experience with Pioneer service in Australia?

·
'95 EF GLi
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. I have had bad experiences with them in the past (scratching Laser Lens). i dont think it is a cleaning issue as it can play ok for 2 minutes before having a problem. the cds are fine, they play in other players no problem.

·
Fords biggest Freak
663 Posts
Don't Email the Pioneer service centre, they take waaaaay too long to reply. Visit the Australian website http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/car_entertainment/contactus.html and look for the toll free service number. Give them a call, they will tell you an answer there and then or you will have to get it serviced at a nearby service centre.

Why it's doing it, I have no idea. Best to leave itto the pro's... Is it still under warranty? if so, take it back to where you bought it... might get a replacement.

·
'95 EF GLi
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Freak, good advice. I rang the number (1800 988 268) and they were very helpful. I am taking it to them for service now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts