Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a bit of feed back on a product that I was testing from the U.S.

For those of you who don't know it was a multiple spark output module for the BA 5.4L

Some people bagged the shit out of me when I first shared what I knew about this module and it's possible benefits for total combustion burn but I did say I would let everyone know of the outcome after I had researched this product for use on our beloved BA's

The results concluded that this product is not suited for our Australian Ford Falcon BA 5.4L
No substanial power or torque gain was to be made or seen.

These are the joys of being in R&D but someone has to do it. I will post any other results that I have made of any other product that I test not being worthy of fittment.

I hope people can be appreciative of what I do and why there are comments and suggestions that I give out and not be looked at as just some stupid sandgropper from the west.

Regards,

Barry

·
goooone
2,708 Posts
I appreciate that you were honest enought to admit that it didn't work rather then some people who buys something that doesn't & tell you it goes full sick to justify there purchase & then other people end up wasting there money too.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Gratefull for the honest advice. It's people like you and Herrods that will reap the benefit of honest advice in regard to mods that you either manufacture or remarket. If it doesn't work, and you're prepared to admit it in a public forum such as this, when something does work people will be much more likely to believe your advice - which should translate into sales.

Cheers!

·
Registered
282 Posts
GT-P said:
I hope people can be appreciative of what I do and why there are comments and suggestions that I give out and not be looked at as just some stupid sandgropper from the west.
Regards,

Barry

Barry!,

Never!!!!!

Your comments are received with great interest as, personally, I am looking at performance enhancements and don't want to waste my hard earned beer tokens on dud stuff!!

Cheers Mate,
Al

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Well that proves that Ford got the engine management right in at least one aspect

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dellboy999 said:
Well that proves that Ford got the engine management right in at least one aspect

This is true, I was surprised to find that when conected to our test instruments that the ECM's actually produce 3 spark outputs per combustion cycle. So they are actually multiple spark to begin with, adding more firing pulses actually decerased overall primary voltage to the coils.

Also as Boss 290's have higher compression ratio is why these engines are fitted with Denso Uridium spark plugs set with 1.1mm gaps so the flame does not blow out.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Cheers Barry,keep those performance upgrades coming.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts