Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do i go for H.E.L.P first. FF of course!

I just drove my mother in-laws old pulsar throught the wall trying to get it out of the so called "hail" thats coming and did more damage than good. The hole is about 40cm by 30cm. Whats the best way to repair it guys?

Pay a pro to do it or get a kit (if they have them)?

You dont need to replace the whole big panel do you?

Replies ASAP would be great :)

Thanx,
Pete

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Go to the local hardware store and talk to the guys there.

Also, did it write the pulsar off in the process?!?!?

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Cut a square where the demaged plasterboard is, buy a new piece, cut it out, put in the hole where the old piece was, then get some of that paste they used, tide up the edges then sand it back. Then repaint the wall.

Simple, hardly worth paying someone to do it!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went down to bunnings and asked them what to do. Cheapest way to go way piece of cardboard pulled through with string the apply spakfiller. Its coming along nicely now, just needs a sand back and repaint. Should look good though.

About the pulsar, it did totally bend the front quarter panel at the wheel arch. Cant believe it! Ive put my elbow through that stuff before. Its not that solid!

Pete

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think it may be a bit big for cardboard trick but XTSS20 has the right idea. I usually get some old pieces of timper and screw them so they half cover the hole and support the new patch while the filler is going off. the next time it will be easier....
how is the mother-in-law?

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts
Leave the Pulsar in the wall, She might not notice LOL

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mother-in-law was not happy! Lucky i wasnt there when she got home, but my wife was, so she had caimed down by the time i got back from bunnings.

Nice idea JAMIE_XR6, should have just left the pulsar there and spak filled that and sanded it back :)

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
seeing as your relations with your mother in law will no doubt be at an all time low after this, can you somehow fit her into the hole then sand + repaint?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have to tread VERY lightly with the new mother-in-law as we are staying at her place for a month or two until we get our own.

My father-in-law is in the states at the moment for two months which makes it easier. Cant wait to get out of here though!

The digi cam is in the states too Laminge so there wont be any pics yet. Might be able to post one of the finished wall and see if anyone can spot where the pulsar was once parked, lol.

Pete

·
FF Town Sheriff
1,165 Posts
(1) send pics - this is number 1 priority.

(2) call in plasterer - easy fixed then.

(3) make good with MIL - long term stratagy is worth it.

(4) sell pulsar - eliminate futher problems.

(5) laugh about it - i did.

cheers,

philbie

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
i rekon you should finish the job, drive straight thru the wall. dont worry about filling it, just put another roll a door so you can have easy access to the back! :wnc:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts