Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sandwich Connoisseur
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a small dent in my ED's bumper bar (grey plastic part) from by the looks a tow ball (about the size of a matchbox). I was wondering if anyone knows a good place in brisbane where I can get it fixed?

Thanks
Donno

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
You could try KwikFix, their head office is next to where i work, they also do work there. They also have mobile units which come out and do repairs. Not really too sure if it will be able to be fixed, i have the same problem, but on the silver bit on the rear bumper thanks to the trailer

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Fill it with body filler and paint the bumper a pretty colour :)

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
I think the bars have that dotty appearence so you would have to do the whole thing. It may be cheaper to source one froma wreakers.

·
Registered
529 Posts
The cheapest way is to fill it with a body filler designed for plastic repair. This type of filler is very flexible and will flex with the bumper if another bump occurs. Also the silver strip is a body stripe which pulls out so a new one can be put in.

·
Sandwich Connoisseur
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the body filler idea, sounds nice and cheap lol. How about the colour match though? Do they come in different shades? Thanks for the replies guys. This could save me a fair bit.

Donno

·
Sandwich Connoisseur
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would but the problem is morney, being a uni student and all, so i'm looking at the cheapest solution possible. Dad seems to think they can melt in a new peice of plastic, like they do in a cracked dash, is this possible?

Donno

·
Registered
13 Posts
has your mum or g/freind have a good hot hair dryer , get it warm enough and start pressing on it bumpers are only a pollimer plastic panel beaters use smae method to get most of the dent out

·
Sandwich Connoisseur
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tiggers_ef said:
has your mum or g/freind have a good hot hair dryer , get it warm enough and start pressing on it bumpers are only a pollimer plastic panel beaters use smae method to get most of the dent out
Well mum's got no hair dryer, and I got the car to get a g/f :doh:, and that's out of the equation until I get it done up how I want it (probably another grand down the track). We've got a heat lamp for back aches, but I doubt that would be hot enough. But how does the finish look when you soften then remould it? Does the texture warp or anything?

TIKFD6, I actually quite like with the grey trim. The biscane blue separated by grey the a painted cherry red pin looks rad in my opinion. Thanks for the advice though, my mates got a white xr6 that it would look pretty mad on in my mind.

Thanks
Donno

·
Super Moderator
3,722 Posts
Use the heat from the other side of the bumper and you should be able to push it into shape again. A hot air gun/paint stripper is the go. Don't apply the heat to the paint side or you will mar the surface.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts