Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to put a new camshaft in my 84 tempo. its the 2.3l hsc. i found and edelbrock performer plus camshaft/lifters/lube package on carparts.com. however, i dont know which model is for my car. there is the 2106, which says for 1963-1978 without somethin, 1963 - up, and then there is 2122 which say 1985 - up. also, would i have to pull the motor to put the new cam in, or could it be done without liftin it. would it be a day project or a weekend project? please help. i really want to do this. and if anyone knows how i can get some more hp, please let me know.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Umm, I'm not sure which engine those cam kits are for but it's not the HSC 2.3l. Maybe the overhead cam 2.3l for the Mustang and other RWD Fords. The 2.3l HSC was only produced from 84-94 and as far as I know the only cam upgrade is the OEM HO cam. Even that may not work in your car as yours is an 84 and probably has a mechanical fuel pump. 84 Tempo's with a mechanical fuel pump would have a special camshaft with an extra eccentric lobe to drive the pump. The only solution would be to upgrade to an electric inline fuel pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts