Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been absent for a week ( painted the study so couldn't use the computer ) it may take a while to catch up all the reading so can everyone take it easy or even have a week off till I catch up :D :D

BTW The Dockers won today yeeeehaaaa! so there's still hope for the premiereship

NOT!

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
gtho4 said:
BTW The Dockers won today yeeeehaaaa! so there's still hope for the premiereship
Crazzee West Oztralian... :WH: That's like saying the pies are a good thing!! ;)

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
DONUT KING said:
everything is too traceable... wait till i find the back way into unix ;) :D
Into what now??
You taking too many flu drugs again fella?? ;)

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Commands driven operating system for a PC, mostly used on servers etc... kinda like DOS but more powerful... prick of a thing to try and use.... although the maker apparently left a secret back door open to be able to find his way into any system anywhere that uses it.. the thing is he took that secret to his grave.... Open that doorway and you have the power to do pretty much anything you want with any unix based system you care to break into.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Ahh very goodly then.. no worries with me trying to find the back door of the program... I'm flat out using the front door of most programs!!

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Ford Man said:

Crazzee West Oztralian... :WH: That's like saying the pies are a good thing!! ;)
Ah yes the Pies.
I was just thinking how good they were on Friday night;)
Richmond weren't much better. Shockin game to watch.:eek:
Russell.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Rastus said:
Ah yes the Pies.
I was just thinking how good they were on Friday night;)
Richmond weren't much better. Shockin game to watch.:eek:
You're not wrong there Rusty. It was the worst game of footy I've seen all year.. I think the baby pies have hit the wall. Ahh well, at least they've played some great footy this year. Should bode well for the years to come.. :D Should..

·
My Neck Hurts....
501 Posts
You want the back door into a unix system?

Sounds like you also want to know the secret to perpetual motion, Eternal Youth and how Ben and Teller pull off the 'Catching a Bullet' magic trick.

Oh, they already told you how to catch the bullet?

Go on, become the bane of my existence. Turn into a Scripty Hacker and make my life miserable.

Thing is though, if you find the back door, don't be afraid to share it around....

Lukeyson

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Hehe to be honest I don't think I'll be trying to find any back doors into any systems, especially unix, in fact I'll probably be trying to find as many ways around using unix as possible ;) :D

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
DONUT KING said:
Commands driven operating system for a PC, mostly used on servers etc... kinda like DOS but more powerful... prick of a thing to try and use.... although the maker apparently left a secret back door open to be able to find his way into any system anywhere that uses it.. the thing is he took that secret to his grave.... Open that doorway and you have the power to do pretty much anything you want with any unix based system you care to break into.... :eek: :eek: :eek:
Ok what version of UNIX are you talking about here.

Remember I am a SysAdmin. I work on these things so if there are any questions then I should be able to answer them. BTW on your description...you need to be a little more elaborate.

Yes it is like DOS, but it is more stable, more efficent in its resources and unlike anything that the almight MicroShaft produces you dont have to reboot all the time. ;)

Unix is the nectar of the Gods and rightly so. I know very few that would run a major webserver or any server for that matter on WinBlows NT or XP or what ever the latest overbloated piece of trash M$ is selling now. Why would any respectable systems admin want a server that you have to reboot to add patchs or updates. If it is mission critical then you sure as hell dont want to bring it down. Even in non peak hours. Why create unwanted work an overtime for yourself.

Ok ok ok I am stepping down off of my soapbox. One last thing though.....who are you trying to hack and what Flavor of Unix is it that is running the server??

:evil: :damack: :WH: :evil:

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
it was just a running joke between me and Ford Man about messing around with a wepbage on the universities webserver that was created by someone in the dorm, and I wasn't really serious about any of it..

I know UNIX is vastly superior to any microshaft product and winblows 2000/xp/whatever, I didn't mean to trash it in any way ;)

I don't even need to try and hack this person, I have someone who can supply me with their password if I really wanted it :D but the version being run here currently is *fires up hyperterminal and logs onto server* Sun OS 5.8 apparently ;) :D

And as for the back way into UNIX left there by it's programmers, I personally do not believe that it exists to the extent claimed by some people, I was just repeating some overhyped stuff told to me by a lecturer...

I plead innocent your honour ;) :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts