Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ford Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering...I made a post in PT but i cant get back in....well my question was....I have a 90 LX of course and I hear most peeps with the VUlcans have Bosch Plugs...and well I was wondering....if to get the bosch +4 plugs or the regular platium plugs....or different ones??

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
The platinum plugs are nice because they will last a long time and provide decent gas mileage. They will not really give you any more horsepower over standard spark plugs however so it all depends on how much you want to spend.

·
Registered
16 Posts
<HTML>
<BODY>
<FONT COLOR="BLUE" FACE="COMIC SANS MS" SIZE="+2">
Definately go with the platinum 4's you like them alot, i know many people w/ them they also like them
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

·
Probe GL Member
77 Posts
Ug... I use the motorcraft original platinum tipped plugs. They work fine, and last a long time.

My complaint on the bosh plugs is that the center electrode is too small, and wears out too quickly (around 15k in my experience).
Also when the center electrode wears down it recesses itself into the ceramic insulator, which eliminates a direct spark path from the electrode to the ground points.

Just my opinion.

I like NGK and I think that the stock double platinum motorcraft are good too.

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
I can't wait to install my Zex Hyperformance plugs, I am wondering how they will run when the nitrous is not being used, they should still be sufficient right?

Currently I am using Bosche Platinum +4's as well. But I've had them for about 2-3 years now so I think it's time for some new ones anyways.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts