Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reading through that thread that started about the XR8 beating the SS. There are so may pointless comments in there its not funny.

A couple of examples:

If it is stock, then no. Take a look at the T series numbers - they've been running 200kW+ motors for a lot longer than the XR8.
What the hell is this supposed to mean??? Why does it matter that the T series had that engine first.

BTW The Fords need the sprint to 170 cause its pretty much over after that (180sumfin??).. Gotta love them speed limiters.. LOL
Does he think that this is bagging the falcon??? Quick sprints is what it is all about.

Anyway, I've had my rant for now.

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Speed Limiters? I don't think the T Series or XR's have speed limiters so thats a pretty stupid comment. This person obviously only races 6 cylinder Fortes.:D

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah i think so, AU XR8's Series 1go to 240km/h. Series 2's will go quicker, if they want proof ask Laminge about speed limiters. :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ:

·
Administrator
5,087 Posts
They think the same of our comments.Healthy Ford Holden Rivalry.I'm just relieved it was us on the winning side:cool: :cool: :cool: :D :D :D

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Big Block Ford said:
They think the same of our comments.Healthy Ford Holden Rivalry.
That's all it is.. And oh what fun we can have with each other!!.. ;) :D

·
Administrator
5,087 Posts
Ford Man said:

That's all it is.. And oh what fun we can have with each other!!.. ;) :D
EXACTLY.Thats why I was hoping that other little LS1 flamey session wasn't going to put anyone off our Holden bagging joke's.I love seeing them.

·
Evil Holden Overlord
920 Posts
(\/)ADXF said:

If it is stock, then no. Take a look at the T series numbers - they've been running 200kW+ motors for a lot longer than the XR8.
What the hell is this supposed to mean??? Why does it matter that the T series had that engine first.
Simple. All things being equal, if it is a stock 200kW XR8 vs a 225kW SS then the SS will win. The reason I made that point was that the numbers generated by the T series cars (back when the XR8 had 185kW) sohuld give you an idea of the 200kW XR8. Nothing more complex than that.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Re: Re: Pointless comments on LS1.com

Hobbes said:
Simple. All things being equal, if it is a stock 200kW XR8 vs a 225kW SS then the SS will win. The reason I made that point was that the numbers generated by the T series cars (back when the XR8 had 185kW) sohuld give you an idea of the 200kW XR8. Nothing more complex than that.
Weight comes to play here. However, let's look forward 220 XR8 is a significantly better package. Even more so than 20kW would suggest.

·
Administrator
5,087 Posts
Hobbes the cubic inch advantage of the Gen 3 will always be tough to overcome by the 5.0 Ford even tho the Kw's are similar.It's not bad going that we are as close or as quick as this.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Big Block Ford said:
Hobbes the cubic inch advantage of the Gen 3 will always be tough to overcome by the 5.0 Ford even tho the Kw's are similar.It's not bad going that we are as close or as quick as this.
Stroker (subliminal message) stroker...... (subliminal message) Herrods...... 347 :cool:

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Big Block Ford said:
Yeh Ford you'd think are still going to be up against it against a much torquier 5.7 litre Gen III. It's all about torque. But here's to hoping the XR 220 kw is more willing to get up and go than the present 200KW engine. And stay in front.;) It should be a good thing.
Russell.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Rastus said:

Yeh Ford you'd think are still going to be up against it against a much torquier 5.7 litre Gen III. It's all about torque. But here's to hoping the XR 220 kw is more willing to get up and go than the present 200KW engine. And stay in front.;) It should be a good thing.
Russell.
It sure will be a good thing. I was told tonight that the 220kw XR8 is very strong and its torque curve is quite different to the 220kw mill available now.

It will be good;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Heres hoping Ford gets there act together, waiting with baited breath for some real performance from a stock Ford street car.

I still lament at the decision so long ago to opt out of V8s there still trying to catch up.

I drive a Holden but barrack for Ford RACING AND ALWAYS HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL.

If you are really interested the VX SS I drive is N\A with 240 RW KW with some further computer tuning it will be around 260 rwkw on its present setup.

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
I think you all talkie rubbuish.

My SS has so far beaten 23 Fords (includung a V8 Supercar), thousands of WRXs, one of those 15,000kW GT-Rs that the Autostool boys talk about and the Space Shuttle.

:p :p :p

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Brendan said:

My SS has so far beaten 23 Fords (includung a V8 Supercar), thousands of WRXs, one of those 15,000kW GT-Rs that the Autostool boys talk about and the Space Shuttle.

*** sees a flying pig go past the window ***

:p :p :p :eek:

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
VX SS said:
Heres hoping Ford gets there act together, waiting with baited breath for some real performance from a stock Ford street car.
I think you'll like what the 220kw XR8 will provide and even more so when the updated T_SERIES is released later this year.

VX SS said:
If you are really interested the VX SS I drive is N\A with 240 RW KW with some further computer tuning it will be around 260 rwkw on its present setup.
No denying that the LS1 is a powerfull engine, but I wasn't really interested...:D ;) :p

G

·
0 Posts
Brendan said:

Is that all?
You drive worse than a granny.
:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts