Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just having a look at the overall points table, which also listed points won at each round, and I was very surprised to see that the margin between radisich and skaife at round 6 was only 36 points.
I know skaife came 2nd every race, but surely the points shouldn't be that close.

Radisich - 288
Skaife - 252

It just doesn't seem right.

Paul.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Yeah the points system is BS! The way it is now, all posistions are granted points.

Only the TOP 10 posistions should be awared points IMO.

the way the points were handed out for round 6..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Race 1 Saturday, 20 Min
1. 90
2. 80
3. 72
4. 66
5. 62

Race 2 Sunday, 20 Min
1. 90
2. 80
3. 72
4. 66
5. 62

Race 3 Sunday, 20 Min
1. 90
2. 80
3. 72
4. 66
5. 62

So the RAT win all races which get him 270 points, so the extra 18 points for qualifying on pole??:confused:

But as for SKAIFE, runing 2nd in the 3 races gets him 240 points, where did his extra points come from?

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
What about the longer races eg the Clipsal 500 where the second race has double points, how stupid is that, both races should be worth equal points.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
DONUT KING said:
The top 10 or top 15 qualifiers get points for their qualifying positions....
Thats just stupid, only provisional pole, and pole from the shootout should be awarded points.

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
Does anyone have the overall point for the championship?

I'd like to see where Radisich is now in the championship, BTW there was stuff all news coverage of the win by Radisich in the weekend here in NZ but they gloat when Murphy gets a top 10 placing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts