Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Saving for a BA XR6t
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just at LS1.com and there is a thread about Police mode on the Commodores. Apparently it uses one of the display windows in the instrument cluster to display a digital reading of your speed.

ANYWAY, what i am interested to know is: IS this available on Falcons also?? And if so, which models? What about the EF Falcon?

Does it do anything else, apart from the Speedo difference?

thanks
SiMMo :CraZ:

T

·
0 Posts
YEP sure does. Ive got it on my XR,AU.
You hold the trip button in for aprox 10 seconds. and the word speedo appears on the display. by further pushes of the button you can increase or decrease the speed shown on your speedo in 1km increaments.
this way you can gauge how fast the bloke in front or behind is going.
this only works on the police package, not standard XR's

·
Saving for a BA XR6t
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because your's is an ex-Chaser right? hmm

How about standard Gli spec falcons? Is there a way, using some sorta diagnostic tool hooked up to the computer?

T

·
0 Posts
to the best of my knowledge, it is the whole speedo cluster that doe's the bizz.

·
Australian ED XR6 Member
569 Posts
Is this a different thing to the "speed alert" on the standard falcons, or does it replace it? (holding the seek button on the steering wheel)

T

·
0 Posts
different to speed alert.
the idea is if the speed limit is 100 km/ph on the open freeway, the cops can speed to 110 km/ph hold that speed and then by pressing the button can lower the speedo so it reads 100km/ph, although they are still actually doing 110km/ph.
then by slowing down to 100km/ph (true road speed) there speedo will show 90km/ph this way if they are passed by a car they can then chase and get an acurate speed of the offender.
and vice versa going up the speedo.
sounds complicated but it works I've tried it and it's saved me a few tickets by radar

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Heh a guy in the dorm got done 14k's over :D of course being a uni student he's wondering how to pay the fine.
We <i>KNOW</i> how Laminge will pay his fine ;)

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
laminge said:
Hse2 doesn't realise it yet but his name is down as the driver:wink2:
Not only sneaky with the banks ay!!.. :CraZ:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts