Ford Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you for taking the time to post back to me in advance.

Im retired on a fixed income. Still work 2 days a week. Autos are expensive. Keeping my 2 CVs alive till they
handcuff me to a wheel chair. Then shove me into a nursing home.

Recently acquired a spare tran for $151.00 from a 2008 Town Car 135,00 mi. Could get the engine also from this Car. $300.

Modular ? Can get an Itek V8 for $300. also. LoMi. Whoo . Passenger side intake. Versus Driver Battery.

Im thinking. If this is part of the Modular family Intek. The intake runners etc on the CV 4.6 will bolt onto

the Intek ? This 32V V8 drops right into a P-71. Bolts right up to existing Transmission ?

302hp to maybe 350Hp. Versus 248-265Hp. Same engine cost.

Been collecting spare parts for my CV's for a few years. Like Boch France made engine Fans from early Town Cars.

Not the made in China Junk Fan that came with 2008-2011 Cvs . Shoosh even 2008 Town Car.

Pays off collecting. My cost+time. 8 Motor craft Coils. $2. Replaced old malfunctioning on 2008CV last week.

No expert. But I have plenty of free time. Quick learner.

Thanks in advance for your knowlege thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
1,441 Posts
Will it bolt up, yes but your car uses drive by wire. Even if the intake could be flipped you’d run into issues with the throttle body. Can it be remidied? With time and money of course but there’s a reason no one has done it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,902 Posts
BBK might help with the throttle body issue. They are expensive, which is not part of your plan, but if you search far and wide you might find one used. They also add horsepower you can feel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will it bolt up, yes but your car uses drive by wire. Even if the intake could be flipped you’d run into issues with the throttle body. Can it be remidied? With time and money of course but there’s a reason no one has done it.

Hmmm okay. Going this week with a car battery, laptop, measuring tape and Jtag. Mileage check and to make sure navigator was junked because of the transmision.

Im hoping. That the intake and throttle body assembly of SOHC 4,6 will bolt unto this engine without mods. In fact. I can just blow a day at the junk yard and try swapping one.
Other issues will be the exhaust and possibly the variable timing.

What exactly would the issues be ? If I can use the complete fly by wire intake and throttle body and bolt it unto this engine.

Might just need an ECU tune ?

Thank you for your time.

Best John

·
Super Moderator
1,441 Posts
Hmmm okay. Going this week with a car battery, laptop, measuring tape and Jtag. Mileage check and to make sure navigator was junked because of the transmision.

Im hoping. That the intake and throttle body assembly of SOHC 4,6 will bolt unto this engine without mods. In fact. I can just blow a day at the junk yard and try swapping one.
Other issues will be the exhaust and possibly the variable timing.

What exactly would the issues be ? If I can use the complete fly by wire intake and throttle body and bolt it unto this engine.

Might just need an ECU tune ?

Thank you for your time.

Best John
The intake from your 2v will not bolt onto the 4v heads. You’d have to use the aviator top end and get a drive by wire throttle body for it since it uses a throttle cable. One from another model that had a similar setup but with drive by wire may work as suggested. Also the exhaust will probably be close but may need some work and they did not have variable camshaft timing in 03.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts