Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Life-long Ford guy...
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So back in early February the wife clips someone and damages the left front corner of her '03 Taurus. We have it back from the body shop and everything looks good to the eye, but now the hood won't open.

I know the shop will do the adjustment if I take it back, but it's across town and at least two hours of my time. I'm fine with doing it myself and not tying up another morning.

Reading up on it the latch can be accessed with a long screwdriver, but I need for it to work with the cable activated release so the wife can open the hood.

How does one adjust the cable on the hood latch to get it to open?

Thanks in advance,

Rick

·
Super Moderator
18,968 Posts
Could get someone to press down on hood whilst lever is pulled , sometimes works . Not sure about your vehicle but a lot of cables are not adjustable nowadays , fixed length

·
Life-long Ford guy...
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I finagled with it for about 30 minutes with no success and then ended up taking it back to the shop. Actually, the wife took it. I needed to get on a drywall repair chore at the house.

It's working now, and we have some time left on the warranty in case it flakes out again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Bert
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing