Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What have you run for the 1/4 mile in your Focus? I've seen a mildly modded (I/H/E) focus run a mid 16, anybody else run a faster time? What do you have on your car?

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
C'mon....I find it hard to believe that there are no Focus people on here who do not race their cars....

Where are the times people???

·
Registered
194 Posts
1/4 mile times

15.6 @90 mph

Not too shabby...

It's a jumping-off point! Thrashed some imports (Hondas/Acuras), they were only running in the 16s.

·
Bullitt Member
18 Posts
Bullitt - en

OOOOO AHHHHHHHH

I am impressed. All hail to the hair dryer.

·
Registered
194 Posts
News Bullitt-en

We'll try the "hair-dryer" effect on you...you just might squeak into the 13's after all!

Bullitt=50hp per liter

Focus=125hp per liter

hmmm...you choose.

·
Bullitt Member
18 Posts
OK

Bullitt thank you

·
Registered
194 Posts
No, No. Bullitt Thank You! Thank you, Bullitt.

Thanks for making it easy for US to choose the Focus. :)

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it all in a person's taste.

On one hand, you have the high specific output of the focus, and on the other, you have the burly and mean V8 in the Mustang. I couldn't decide between the tow myself, and got a Probe GT. Best of both worlds. :hy:

·
Registered
194 Posts
*taste buds*

some people have none...taste, that is!

I mean, there are actually people out there who drive Rice!:HAHA:

D

·
0 Posts
Edited by Nylie: Stop posting negative comments on this site. Youre posts of this nature are not cool.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
I beleive a stock RS Cosworth can do low 15s 1/4 mile.
Wait till Cosworth focus is out, high 12s!

·
Registered
194 Posts
1/4 times

I have no doubt that with the up and coming mods we'll be in the 14s with the focus...

Will spring ever come?

It's freezing here!

:hy:

·
Women Like my Probe :)
50 Posts
If you want more....

That 14sec e/t was done by the previous owner Jose Gonzalez I bought the car from him 1 month later. and you can see his time posted at www.probenet.com in the left column go to DRAG STRIP then click TOP DRAG TIMES it is number 37 on the list and there it specifies that it is a N/A V6. Since then I have added a Fuel Pressure Regulator (fuel pump coming soon) Shaved some weight etc. I'm hoping to have a low 14 before going Turbo or Nitrous
...yes, I have work to do.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Re: Don't Doubt! Re: yeah, OK

we don't have quite that many mods (yet)...but I'll keep you posted

it's always nice to have Probe-people coming over to stomp on the Focus-people :bs3:

But Just You Wait!:hy:

·
Women Like my Probe :)
50 Posts
I wasn't trying to stomp on you... I'd consider a focus to replace my 90 PLX but given my financial situation, I'm stuck with what I got.... BTW the Hi-Flow Cat is custom fit from a Civic, and the phenolic spacers were home made. When companies don't or won't make parts, just make your own! I'm sure the Focus will have some nice aftermarket parts to choose from, especially with the debut of the SVT ZX3 coming in Feb
The guy that I met with the SC ZX3 has alot of connections here around detroit the SC that he had was not yet available to the public... good things will come to you

Good Luck

1 - 20 of 35 Posts