Ford Forums banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Formally Thomas
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
paulc said:
my air/fuel was 14.6 for almost the entire run, the guy said that was very good, EFI working well. That's with stock headers @ 25.5 degrees C

What increase at rear wheels would you expect from me whacking on pacemakers?????????

Your probably lookin at cracking 120rwkw mark. maybe more.

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
gloves off 6pac BRING IT ON!

ps good to see you back on the forums!

oh yeah, and I'm opening a capa kit account tomorrow for regular deposits!

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
Here's my dyno chart. Does AFR stand for Air-Fuel-Ratio? If so this plot is uder the claimed 14.6. Is this good / optimum? The plot seems fairly constant over the speed range.

look at the power dip around 97kmph

Attachments

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,787 Posts
I'll only post mine if you promise not to laugh. lol. Enough of that!

I've gone from a base of 119rwkw @4500rpm (with 2.5" cat back exhaust) to 142rwkw @5000rpm. It's not great, but 23 rwkw (and around 200 ft lbs of torque) for around $2400 is not too bad - it just gets more expensive from here! Oh - the $2400 is for K&N panel filter, 70mm TB, Try-Y pacemakers, high flow cats and 3" exhaust.

Roller rockers are next (one day!).

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
AU2 XR8 5M
347 Scat Stroker Kit
10.5:1 comp
TFS camshaft
TFS 1.7:1 Rollers
TFS Track Heat Heads (chambers relieved)
TFS Track Heat Intake
Tickford 82mm TB
Tickford T3 Intake box/MAF
Herrod 4-1 extractors
Twin 2.5 inch mandrel X-pipe system
HE Hi Vol Sump
Unichip

225rwkW
(however, the mid range and low down torque was unbelievable for an NA engine)

X

·
0 Posts
paulc said:
Here's my dyno chart. Does AFR stand for Air-Fuel-Ratio? If so this plot is uder the claimed 14.6. Is this good / optimum? The plot seems fairly constant over the speed range.

14.7:1 is known as Stoic. This is the ideal air/fuel ratio for best combustion.
For best power you want to be a little richer. Usually in the range of 12 - 13:1 gives the best power under WOT. So it looks like your air/fuel ratio is right on the money.

Pete.

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
XR9UTE said:
So it looks like your air/fuel ratio is right on the money.

Pete.
Awesome Pete! This would be fixed within the EECV wouldn't it - as in non-adjustable? Also what does Stoic stand for?

·
Very happy GT-P owner
461 Posts
I had my AUII XR8 220 5spd Manual, tuned by Rob Herrod when we were over in Melbourne for the family day and got 165rwkw.
the only things Ive had done are, k&n, 2.5 inch from the mufflers back, Herrods ceramic intake, and splitter plate for the cold air intake.
Does any one know what the percentage drop is between flywheel and rear wheels on a manual

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,787 Posts
PURSUTE - You may be right, but if I had $100k, I could build a car to beat the minginator - there is always something bigger and better. And it's nice of you to hide behind someone else's coat tails.

I'm sure even la minge would agree that the point of his car is not to blow threads like this away. If it was, no-one would post until they had 1000hp.

Teza - work on 30-35% loss for an auto and around 20-25% loss for a manual, which would make yours around 220KW

X

·
0 Posts
xr8_sprint said:
XR9UTE - how would i get my AFR back up to where it should be.

surely 11-11.3 is VERY rich...?

i'm still thinking of a tweecer....
Yep the Sprint/GT is the most supported EEC by the Tweecer.
What mods have you done so far?

Pete.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
paulc said:

-----------------------------------------------------
14.6 seems alittle lean to me under wot !!!
O/k @ cruse?? Clean maf.. Replace fuel filters..Air leaks..??

X

·
0 Posts
Have another look ebxr,
It is around 13:1 so it's running pretty good.

Pete.

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
Is the optimum AFR determined by the type of engine or is that more of a universal constant for best combustion?

61 - 80 of 81 Posts