Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I OWN A BLACK 99 XR6 WITH PACEMAKER TUNED LENGTH EXTRACTORS AND 2&1/2 INCH EXHAUST WITH MERCURY MUFFLER AND SINGLE RESONATOR AND HICLONE NOW IT NEEDS A CHIP AND I'D LIKE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE ABOUT THEIR EXPEREINCES WITH THEIR CHIPS. AFTER STUFFING UP THE EXHAUST I'D LIKE GET IT DONE RIGHT THIS TIME THANKS JIMBO.

·
Officially Bored with 347
3,584 Posts
i havent had much to do with p/chip etc but i have had alot to do with chiptorque & am quite happy with the result have you tried having a chat with them?

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Hi,

I did a lot of research into chips before I got a UniChip in my EDXR8.

The powerchips arent programmable. Simon has a powerchip in his car and he isnt even sure if it makes a difference at all.
http://www.powerchip.com.au

The new chiptorque chips are reprogrammable. But from what I have heard you have to send them away to get reprogrammed. (if this is true - then they arent really programmed to suit your car)
http://www.chiptorque.com.au

The UniChip is fully reprogrammable, and has a lot more parameters that can be adjusted compaired to the chiptorque. Its a bit more expenisve than the chiptorque, but I think it is worth it.
http://www.airpowersystems.com.au

I got an 11kw increase at the rear wheels. My fuel ecconomy has improved a lot, and I have a lot more bottom end.

It takes about 30 mins to reprogram the UniChip. The guys at croydon have reprogrammed mine twice now (both times it was cos I was changing fuel types)

:)
Kelli S

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks xr8chic, that's made my mind up. i was leaning towards the unichip now i can go ahead and do it,can you get by on premium ulp cause we dont get high octane fuel in my little town. rev-on jimbo..

·
Australian Member
255 Posts
of course you can.
You can get the chip tuned for what ever octane rating you want. Just fill up the car a couple of days before hand with what you want to use.

Kelli I beleive that Silverwater Autosports do reporgram Chiptorque chips. My friend is looking at getting his done when he gets a new exhaust. and its a crappydore.

Will

·
Copyright �2003
1,517 Posts
Black S, sorry to hear about your friends misfortune. Must be hell owning a Holden. ;)

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents. I have had a Unichip fitted, and yes it does make a difference to power, economy and low down acceleration. Not to mention if you keep on adding performance bits to your beastie, you can get it reprogrammed everytime you do.

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Hi,

I did a bit more research into ChipTorque chips the other night...

The new reprogammable chips have to be sent away to chiptorque headquarters in QLD to get a new program loaded into them.

From what I understand, the chip is taken out of the car, and sent to QLD with a dyno print out, they make the program, load it and send it back.

:)
Kelli S

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
I agree with what XR8Chic said, get UNICHIP or you could find someone who deals in EEC Tuning, or even buy your own EEC tuner and do it yourself (youll obviously need to know exactly what your doing though)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts