Ford Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I've got a 302 Cleveland in it, I'll probably be holding on to that since it's a rare bird all things considered. However I'd like to stick in a fuel injected engine, any suggestions as to which one to use?

·
Administrator
5,225 Posts
If its all original then it would be a shame to mess with it.

Are you looking for more power or better fuel economy.

For ease of finding an engine with all of the associated parts like the loom and engine management systems for injection then your probably best to get the 5.0 liter out of an AU Falcon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If its all original then it would be a shame to mess with it.

Are you looking for more power or better fuel economy.

For ease of finding an engine with all of the associated parts like the loom and engine management systems for injection then your probably best to get the 5.0 liter out of an AU Falcon.
I'd be changing out the whole engine, not messing with the original so I could go back if I chose to. It's a 5.0 as it stands, but I don't want to mess with a carbed engine. I'm a sissy like that.

Oh, did I mention that it's a 302 CLEVELAND? That's another reason I would change it out whole, it's a fairly rare bird here in the States.

·
Administrator
5,225 Posts
I'm sorry I didn't check that you were in USA and just thought 74 Falcon coupe is an Aussie car so gave advice for an AU Falcon motor in Aus but that won't do you much good over there.
I still think the 5.0l would be your easiest to use but a Mustang would be a better donor for you.

302 Cleveland is an Aussie engine. It is basically a destroked 351C

1 - 4 of 4 Posts