Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
What a spooky world!
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I optioned premium sound in my BA XR-8 which I am happy with the head unit but will probably replace the $2 crazy clint speakers eventually.

Question I have is, does anyone out there use a discman through the AUX port in there sound to play MP3's and if so, what shows up on the monitor? Does it just say track 1, 2 etc like a nomal CD or does it come up with the name of the song etc which I think is reffered to in the digital world as ID3 from memory....

·
P-Plater and lovin it ;)
262 Posts
nah u press the am button and the screen should read AUX - for auxillary and the only other thing up is volume. I use it regularly with my MD but find the quality not so great, guess i'll go back to burning cd's

·
Banned
363 Posts
image001 said:
I optioned premium sound in my BA XR-8 which I am happy with the head unit but will probably replace the $2 crazy clint speakers eventually.

Question I have is, does anyone out there use a discman through the AUX port in there sound to play MP3's and if so, what shows up on the monitor? Does it just say track 1, 2 etc like a nomal CD or does it come up with the name of the song etc which I think is reffered to in the digital world as ID3 from memory....
Sorry to flame you down, but do you have any idea how stupid that last paragraph sounds. How the hell are digital ID3 tags going to be transmitted down an auxillary sound input line from a Discman. You are not connecting a data line to the ICC to decode, you are connecting sound buddy, when you connect the AUX connector and select it with the AM button (twice), it displays AUX on the screen and the volume. Your discman is the device that is going to display the track info of ID3 tags if it can. If you wanted to connect a Blaupunkt or similar DVD drive with an adapter to the Sat Nav input then if the DVD player is good enough to display MP3 output then you would get that info, but gees rethink what you asked. Also the speakers comment, they actually are not that bad a quality speeker for the price that is paid for them, I dont think Pioneer gets sold at crazy clints

·
What a spooky world!
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey DGROMS.com makes sense what you said. Was worth asking just in case....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts