Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Go-Fast Geek
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the factory premium sound play burnt CDs?

The local guy tells me yes, but it didn't recognise the disc I inserted. I'm an IT Tech and have burnt an infinite number of the things, but this disc wouldn't even eject (no real loss as I made it up for that purpose).

I have no reason to believe this disc was a dud, so are the units particular to certain brands???

By the way, I'm told they don't recognise MP3s (what rip, considering what they charge to upgrade to the premium package).

Cheers

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
If it gets stuck, you will PAY for repair and not warranty.

How many tracks on the CD, my new/old kenwood unit will play a burnt CD, but only as far as track 11 out of 17 ;0)

Hope that helps.

Jason

·
Member NSW FPVTC
70 Posts
Quasi said:
Does the factory premium sound play burnt CDs?

... so are the units particular to certain brands???
I've had no problem playing burnt CDs on mine. Also no problems ejecting them.

All my CDs are Akai brand & I use Roxio Cd Copier.

Good luck with yours, I hope you get it sorted out

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
I had another thread here recently when my standard XR6 CD player got stuck with a burnt CD in there. The disc was a sony, of which i have made easily a hundred. Ford said it was my fault and any cost was on me. Luckily a few days later after about a thousand tries.... it ejected the CD.

Im not game to play any more of them, which sux because i think thats really, really pathetic.

cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
The actual warning and warranty restriction applies ONLY to burnt CDs with adhesive labels. If you use the raw CD they cannot decline warranty repair. Obviously some people are trying to widen the rule a bit.

I play mostly burnt ones in mine with no troubles.

Cheers
Russ

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
If you use the raw CD they cannot decline warranty repair. Obviously some people are trying to widen the rule a bit.

I play mostly burnt ones in mine with no troubles.
NOW, i feel better.

Russ, do you know where this is referenced in the manual or warranty?

cheers,
matt

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts
95% of cds I play in mine are burnt with adhesive lables and I've never had a problem.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
r00na said:
NOW, i feel better.

Russ, do you know where this is referenced in the manual or warranty?

cheers,
matt
It is referenced in the user manual and I believe their is also a PIL on the subject.

Cheers
Russ

·
Smashed Gecko Racing
164 Posts
The thing with the adhesive lables is fare enough, they send the cd's out of ballance some times and dependin on wot one it wont allow the rollers to grip to spit the cd out.

We have had a few problems with warranty's and household dvd players and people using rented dvd's that have the barcodes label on them, most are ok but some dont like it.

·
BA XR8
448 Posts
I play nothing but burnt discs in my premium, and the only problem I had once, was when I didn't pay attention properly to what I was doing, and didn't burn the disc properly.
All it did was spit it back out anyways.

And sometimes, yes, you just get a dud disc in a batch of thousands.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts