Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we have to have shirts for October so we can say we've been part of the raid.

I would suggest using a Ford/Tickford shirt and getting the FordForums logo and a couple of words saying October 2001 Ford Tour embroidered on the shirts in the empty areas. That way we have nice shirts with the Ford logo etc and don't skip copyright etc requirements.

Any ideas? Also if you would suggest a 'base' shirt to start off with.

T

·
0 Posts
2 points

first off if I know Ford like I do, then I think we may be getting one as a momento of our trip to Mel.

second there is a t-shirt printing place in roseberry we use to use. they have overruns for 5-6 bucks a pop, fantastic quality t's and shirts with good graphics etc, (tooheys 1000 prints) only catch is you gotta buy a minimum of 100.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
It's all good as long as the xtra work doesn't get heaped on Felicity...
I'll take a shirt even though I'm not going to be able to make it.

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DOC:
I think quality embroidered is the way to go rather than printed. Lasts longer - looks better!

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Count me in.. Shirts sound like the go for sure.

"FordForums raid on Ford Australia - October 2001"

Just an idea.. ;)

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Hey, if I've gone somewhere and HAVEN'T got the T-shirt, then I'm not a happy boy! :D :D :D

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Sounds like a great idea. Depending on how many of you are coming and want a t-shirt I might be able to help out with discounted licenced t-shirts to be used as a base (I'll have to chase that one up)

Plans for the trip are well underway as those of you who have registered your interest will know from the emails I have sent. I will continue to update you on progress.

Did everyone get my email regarding accommodation? Has anyone decided where they are going to stay? I understand that privacy will be an issue for those of you travelling down in your cars but if you have decided on a place to stay and don't mind sharing it with the others in the email group let me know and I will pass it on.

:cool:

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Felicity:
I was thinking a good quality polo shirt or similar rather than a T-shirt. We can then get the embroidery done wth some more logos etc. Do you think there will be some good Ford stuff available to do this?

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Polo shirts are nice but are very pricey.T-shirts usually retail for around $20-$30 and polo's around $55-$70. I guess we would have to get a group decision on whether a t-shirt or polo would be preferable. In the meantime I will look into prices for both and will get back to you before the end of the week.

:cool:

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
I should have also added that there would be a set up cost for an embroidery design and then the cost of extra embroidery on top of that. :(

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I vote for polos because they will LAST. As for embroidery costs, it's a matter of who you know.... and the numbers of course.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
DONUT KING said:
It's all good as long as the xtra work doesn't get heaped on Felicity...
I'll take a shirt even though I'm not going to be able to make it.
Im sorry mate, thats just not friggen good enough, all the effort felecity has gone too and YOUR not going to be there, geez mate carnt you be down here just for 1 day or a night???

:fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad:

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
laminge said:

Im sorry mate, thats just not friggen good enough, all the effort felecity has gone too and YOUR not going to be there, geez mate carnt you be down here just for 1 day or a night???

:fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad:
I'd love to make it, but it's near impossible...
If ther is the slightest possibility of me getting there I will make it.

Felicity, can you add me to the mailing list so I know whats going on if the window opens up for me to go.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
laminge said:
Its just that I'd like to get something that... I FIT INTO....
That's a big shirt fella!!... ;)

Polo's for me too.. :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
The idea to have our own signature garments is a great idea but the fact we are going to Melbourne wouldn't something like a Ford blue raincoat and woolly jumper be appropiate. Just kidding.
I lean towards a T-shirt but if concenus goes towards the polo then count me in.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
TSHIRT!

I got a GMS polo when I asked for a tshirt when I got my car, (so I gotta buy one!) but tshirt are better.

Polos = work wear
Tshirts = everywhere else (and work when i'm feeling slack)

1 - 20 of 93 Posts