Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
gone
Joined
·
10,402 Posts
/me sits back and awaits the many people who think what a waste of money replying to this thread... before you do think twice

Thanks for the update MYGT
 

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
Joined
·
2,524 Posts
Can someone explain to me exactly how that thing works?

I know its supposed to swirl the air and so forth, but it seems like the grooves are too small to cause anything to happen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the unit is for both boss 260 and 290 engines as the throttle bodies are the same.

the unique helix design (thread) creates vortex air flow, that increases the velocity of air into the engine. dramatically increasing horse power and torque, i told rob that i have noticed power gain in the lower rpm range.
cheers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
mygt said:
rob should have some by this thursday
cheers.
Thanks MYGT, yep phoned Herrods tonight and Rob said he may have one for me by Thursday... getting cats back installed so hopefully he can do both.

Of course I will have to take Friday off to test the mods... ha ha

Jase
 

·
X-DM!!
Joined
·
1,114 Posts
mygt, do you know what power gain an xr8 could get from the air injection?..... I think I have just found my next mod.
I have the cats back system coming up from Rob this week.
 

·
Black 200kw wheel barrow
Joined
·
3,554 Posts
any details on the windsor one herrods were talking of in the pipeline?

as in how long is the pipeline and should we expect the same sort of gains or not as much?
 

·
More horsepower required
Joined
·
612 Posts
Looks like Rob has found himself someone to manufacture these things for a good price. For $280 , you'd be mad not to get one.
 

·
Movin!
Joined
·
2,924 Posts
rod c said:
mygt, do you know what power gain an xr8 could get from the air injection?..... I think I have just found my next mod.
I have the cats back system coming up from Rob this week.

i'll let you know Rod, hopefully getting one put in real soon. From all reports thus far it's not so much of a increase kw wise, but the faster acceleration it produces. Still, 6-8kw increase is brilliant considering the price!
 

·
X-DM!!
Joined
·
1,114 Posts
Rodderz said:
i'll let you know Rod, hopefully getting one put in real soon. From all reports thus far it's not so much of a increase kw wise, but the faster acceleration it produces. Still, 6-8kw increase is brilliant considering the price!
Thanks Rod, I will look forward to seeing what you think about it. Anything that produces faster acceleration for the 260 has got to be a bonus, especially from idle to 3000rpm.
 

·
gone
Joined
·
10,402 Posts
rod c said:
Thanks Rod, I will look forward to seeing what you think about it. Anything that produces faster acceleration for the 260 has got to be a bonus, especially from idle to 3000rpm.
A twin screw would be better of course!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
going out on a limb here as Im not 100% sure, but would my XR6 benifit from something like this? Its stock except for a pod filter in the airbox and an XR6T snorkel ( thinking about an SS inductions unit though... )
 

·
Movin!
Joined
·
2,924 Posts
Got mine fitted today, took 15 mins to do. The weather came over just as i left herrods so i couldnt really go for some high acceleration runs but from what i've gethered thus far, it's a bit better!

It didnt do anything straight away but after 10 mins or so i think the ECU notices the increased air flow and i was wheelspinning everywhere, right up through 3rd gear.

Cant wait till dryer weather and a bit more driving when the full effect is noticed

btw...those DJR 320's look horn in the flesh! Sorry Gaz and others, forgot the digi cam so didnt get any TS50 shots
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Rodderz said:
Got mine fitted today, took 15 mins to do. The weather came over just as i left herrods so i couldnt really go for some high acceleration runs but from what i've gethered thus far, it's a bit better!

It didnt do anything straight away but after 10 mins or so i think the ECU notices the increased air flow and i was wheelspinning everywhere, right up through 3rd gear.

Cant wait till dryer weather and a bit more driving when the full effect is noticed
I missed the boat today, got there too early, but its all paid for, just gotta get back to have it put on.
 
1 - 20 of 113 Posts
Top