Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been to performance warehouse 9607 2299 Hoxton pk.$2500 for 347 ci $1000 labour including balancing the lot.Good value for $3,500.Thats with forged steel crank and forged pistons.Real value?
Trouble is the original hasn't worn out yet!

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
What kind of power increase is expected with the 347? And does he do 331 Strokers aswell?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ask them if they check the piston skirt clearences on the block for each customers engine they assemble, 347 is a close fit and the 331 is a safer package.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I'll ask, the 330 is much safer.I recon too.
As far as h.p is concerned I know what they'll say.It depends on other performance stuff on engine.Due to longer stroke would give more torque.The 347 would be about the same as a 351 with 4 cu less & lighter.
They clarence the bottom of the bore's about 10 mm.The 347 have shorter piston skirts.The lot specialy made in the states.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
I dunno about that price...For that amount you could pick up a used 351 Windsor, which has a much bigger potential than a stroker 302.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
If anyone is interested, here an article about 302strokers vs a 351W

http://www.alternativeauto.com/waterbox/wb-archives/347_vs_351.html

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Depends on what ya want I guess.A347/330 would still make a quick street car.But if you are going to race the rings out of it thats a different story.I believe in both,just what application you want?Another thing is the R.T.A etc different engine # etc with 351.
$5k plus for 351 then 1to2$k fitting etc.Power steering brackets/sump? Then there is the g/box strength?.On&on&on.Unfortunately windser "efi 351's" are rare here compared to U.S.of A...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Paul and Martin,
All the things Paul said are true, plus you cant just pick up any 351w. Has to be a later one with same stroke for the ECU to work. 1994 and after are roller. 351w Lightning uses GT40p heads and upper mainfold.... but it uses MAP and not MAF. Either use a USA sorced conversion kit or just use the 302s parts(I'd pick the later).

Also as paul says.. RTA and engine #'s. If you got past all that. What you would be up for is lowering engine mounts a inch, high bonnet buldge and Tremac gearbox.

But...... TOO MUCH TROUBLE.. go the 347 stroker. shit cheap HP. and it you go past 400hp then buy a sump girdle and or a 4 bolt SVO alloy block!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sammy, can I see a glimmer in your eye while your talking all these things? :) Are we going to see the Cobra-ized EL get some more cubes? :)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes the induction would make full\advantage value of the extra capacity.Or other way around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts