Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What am I looking at for an XC bonnet secondhand with next to no rust and the paint job is in good nick? Also for a pair of leaf springs, also secondhand?

·
Registered
206 Posts
geez, you dont ask for much, do you? whats wrong with the springs in your car? are they sagging? depending on the problem, it could be your shocks that are stuffed. don't bother putting second hand leaf springs in your car, go to a spring place and get yours reset, or buy new ones.
as for your bonnet, do you want a vented one (gt/gs) or standard? go with craig to marton and see my mate Ian Blakelock in mill street. i think he might know where theres XC stuff. if you want the address or phone number get craig to email me.
cheers, Phil

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have replaced the dampers in the back and they needed replacing but that didnt solve the problem. It would be nice to get a gt/gs bonnet but I am not concerned if I dont get one. I have an XC bonnet lined up from a guy in Palmy but he told me to get back to him with a price and I was looking to see what is a secondhand fetches for these days. I need it ASAP so I don't have to fork out another $30 for a WOF. I was looking at about $60 for the bonnet. As for the shocks I will go to The Shock Shop and see what they can do to help me with re-setting the springs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Warrent Of Fitness (WOF) its was we have to have over in NZ. They do all these inspections on your car (eg. Tyre tread, rust, head lights work etc) and you have to get that every 6 months. $30 give or take each time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
JackFC said:
Warrent Of Fitness (WOF) its was we have to have over in NZ. They do all these inspections on your car (eg. Tyre tread, rust, head lights work etc) and you have to get that every 6 months. $30 give or take each time.
every 6 months !?

And I thought that speed cameras were a great revenue raiser :ghey:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I have seen some really dodgy cars (and characters) on that N.Z show, Motorway Patrol. Have you seen it, it's insane! They import a lot of crap from asia (ricers) I dont think the import (or immigration) is as strict as it is in Australia.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts