Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
is FORD....is GOOD!
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea of the going price for GT-P 19" MKII Rims

Interested in a pair, as i am planning on selling my BA GT 18" rims soon
Also would be curious to know what gears are coming out in the typhoon, wouldnt mind the higher diff gearing, 3.23 are way too sluggish, and im planning on going for the edit soon, so may as well make full use of the new rev range.

In Case anyone is wondering:
My BA ran a 13.91 at 99.07mph (Mods: Cold Air Intake, Helix Spacer and my tail-end exhaust modification), now has extractors and is due for an edit I think!!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
ITSOVR - XR8 said:
Anyone have any idea of the going price for GT-P 19" MKII Rims

Interested in a pair, as i am planning on selling my BA GT 18" rims soon
Also would be curious to know what gears are coming out in the typhoon, wouldnt mind the higher diff gearing, 3.23 are way too sluggish, and im planning on going for the edit soon, so may as well make full use of the new rev range.

In Case anyone is wondering:
My BA ran a 13.91 at 99.07mph (Mods: Cold Air Intake, Helix Spacer and my tail-end exhaust modification), now has extractors and is due for an edit I think!!
Dunno but i want a set of those GTP 19's myself!. As for the LOWER diff gears the terratory has the same i believe so you can choose away :)

·
is FORD....is GOOD!
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just curious as to know the price on them?

I want 3.73 gearing more then anything else, everyone is spending and investing big bucks on software mods and induction systems, why doesnt someone bother with diff modifications. Till then the LS1 will keep kicking butt!

Its a simple formula, we know the stockers dont have much go cause not enough air into them so thanks to Herrods and others that problem has been solved, computer enhancements sold. But it make sense that if the BOSS engines dont open up until late (4-4.5rpm) well then slap a set of 3.7x gears in them and you got your self a true beast

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
ITSOVR - XR8 said:

I want 3.73 gearing more then anything else, everyone is spending and investing big bucks on software mods and induction systems, why doesnt someone bother with diff modifications. Till then the LS1 will keep kicking butt!

Its a simple formula, we know the stockers dont have much go cause not enough air into them so thanks to Herrods and others that problem has been solved, computer enhancements sold. But it make sense that if the BOSS engines dont open up until late (4-4.5rpm) well then slap a set of 3.7x gears in them and you got your self a true beast
A couple of reasosn really, one is that lower diff gears tend to induce more wheel spin without the rubber to help it and the second is upuntil recently we havent had the sosftware to fix problems that occure when changing diff ratios

·
TuffZc and pursuit
301 Posts
I have a set of the Mk2 gtp rims on my pursuit, but got them fitted before delivery, they cost me $3390 to upgrade using the sp sport 9000's.
They were supplied by the wheel king and he got them in stock when none of the ford dealers even had part numbers for them.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ratter your MK II GTP rims are actually the first set they sold

And yes he has them in stock for anyone else wondering

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
AU1XLS said:

Sounds tempting :hy:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Word of warning the MKII rims have different offsets for front and back rims, you can put the fronts on the back but you cannot put the backs on the fronts. Thats somehthing you had to read in the book of all things GT(p), they didnt tell me that when i brought it.

·
TuffZc and pursuit
301 Posts
AU1XLS said:

Yeah I was told I had the first set in australia that didn't come out on a gtp :)

·
TuffZc and pursuit
301 Posts
GTP-330 said:
thats wikid! SO that price was just rims?

Price was for the rims and 19" tyres but my brand new pursuit rims and 18" tyres were traded

·
Formerly Ford GT BA
68 Posts
I had checked into this too, all GT's GTP's have rims with different offsets not just the MK11's. Wheel king has a set of MK11 GTP wheels and tyres for $5190 set of 4 when I emailed about 2 weeks ago.

·
TuffZc and pursuit
301 Posts
price can vary by over $1300 depending on which tyres you want on them, i went for the original dunlops

·
Registered
101 Posts
ITSOVR - XR8 said:

Hey ITSOVR
I have installed a DANA 3.73 Gears and it the best modification yet. Very Happy with it. I would recommend it be the first modification to a stock BA series Falcon.

·
Registered
364 Posts
GTP-330 said:
A couple of reasosn really, one is that lower diff gears tend to induce more wheel spin without the rubber to help it and the second is upuntil recently we havent had the sosftware to fix problems that occure when changing diff ratios
Ive been running a 3.73 diff for 18months and have fitted many to other Ba's and never had a problem with any software.

Elmer Fudd

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
BOSSGT said:
Ive been running a 3.73 diff for 18months and have fitted many to other Ba's and never had a problem with any software.

Elmer Fudd
He may be refering to the autos?

·
is FORD....is GOOD!
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Obviously i have been talking to the wrong people

PEOPLE I BEG YOU, im from the Western Suburbs Melbourne, Give me a place and prices for 3.73!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts