Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to reiterate my post on the short throw sticks for T5 shifters for those who who may not have seen it...

I am planning to bulk buy some Pro 5.0 T5 Power Tower Shifters from the US. At $159 (on sale!) these will work out roughly the same, if not cheaper than the B&M Ripper Shifters, while being a stronger unit. The Mustang guys seem to prefer to the Pro 5.0 shifter, and best of all you can use it with your original stick, or a custom stick such as EDxr8EBGTs so as to avoid the problem of US LHD lean in their sticks.

If anyone is interested in being part of a group purchase of a Pro T5 Power Tower Shifter, please PM me.

Note that those with T56 or T3650 (you lucky T3 owning-mongrels! :s3 ) gearboxes can also benefit from these pro 5.0 shifters, though they will be a little more expensive.

These are relatively easy to swap over frm your existing shifter, I'll even print instructions with pictures I found at a Mustang site.

As far as I am aware, these Pro 5.0 shifetrs should bolt straight onto E*s and AU1s without hassle. Apparantly there is a minor issue fitting these to AUII/III but as this will affect me, but they will fit - I'll advise owners of these cars of the issue and it's solution when I sort it out.

I have tried getting a bulk discount, but the sale price of $159 for the T5 shifters is as low as I can find, as apparantly this is just above cost. We may be able to get discount shipping for a 10+ order, but I am weaiting to hear back from the speed shop on this. $159US curently works out at around $300AUD, with shipping and import taxes (GST, custom duty) on top.

For more info check out http://www.pro-50.com/

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
I will look into this for you guys and see if i can get you a better discount with my dealer license. Remember that if I ship one box then it is cheaper. Also, depending on when we reach the limit if it is near the date of the travel i may have to show up with a very heavy suitcase that will be empty when i return to the states.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
I know that these can be installed in-car in the Mustangs, but I heard somewhere that you have to remove the transmission for them to be installed in Falcons? Is that true?

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure Martin, I'm checking into this with someone who has put Pro 5.0 shifters into Falcons.

·
Aussie Falcon Enthusiast
478 Posts
Way to go VenomXR. Good to see a proper Aussie group purchase.

Shame I already have my B&M :(

Martin

At least on ED's and I'm sure EA/EB also the metal floorplan blocks access to the 2 front bolts for the shifter base so the tranny does have to be dropped. Can't say for the newer Falcons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts