Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day Probesters, I'm from Australia and I was wondering, are Probes like a cult car in the US? You guys seem to be very passionate about them, and your area comes second to our Australian section, which is quite impressive! And before you guys rip my head off, I mean second in terms of traffic (although I'm sure even you guys would admit us Aussies rock!!)

Anyhoo, take it easy.

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
I've never thought about it, but I guess it does have a cult following. There's a Probe club in Australia just to let you know. It's just a fun little car to have. It stands out in a crowd, having a classic look and all. Yeah you Aussies do rock. To see more Probe stuff check out http://www.probetalk.com.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
G'day Mate! Well, I think those of us who own Probes love them for the most part...since its a car no longer made, they tend to be more rare than not. I dont think anyone will rip your head off...we are pretty friendly folks here. I knew nothing about the probe when I first got it last year...but thanks to some local clubs, Ive met some great people! I know I get a lot of looks in my car. They look cool!

·
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nylie said:
G'day Mate! Well, I think those of us who own Probes love them for the most part...since its a car no longer made, they tend to be more rare than not. I dont think anyone will rip your head off...we are pretty friendly folks here. I knew nothing about the probe when I first got it last year...but thanks to some local clubs, Ive met some great people! I know I get a lot of looks in my car. They look cool!

I'm the first to admit they are an attractive looking car (from the ones I've seen down here and in photos on this site) so I'm sure that goes some way to explaining it. And yep, it sure seems you are a very friendly bunch of car nuts; just wanted to appear friendly in light of the post wars and area popularity pole!

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
aussies.. arent they them guys who ride camels in the desert... :s2:

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
No, they ride crocs in the Outback!

You are thinking of Arabs.. hahaha.

·
Moderator / Probe
506 Posts
Say hi to Steve Irwin for me.

That dude rocks :thup:

We probe owners are a cult I guess, we really are crazy about our cars.

:crazy1:

·
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tang Pgt said:
Say hi to Steve Irwin for me.

That dude rocks :thup:

:crazy1:

Doesn't he spend most of his time in the US these days?

You've probably got more chance saying g'day to him, from me rather than me on behalf of you!

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
Vulcan Power said:
No, they ride crocs in the Outback!

You are thinking of Arabs.. hahaha.
i thought they had the red dots on there heads... :dead: :crazy1:

·
Probe LX Member
20 Posts
ok, all i know is that my friend jordan (eastbeast on PT) got his Base probe a lil while ago, i saw it a couple times when i'd go over to his house but never heard it or rode in it... well one day i decided i check out his ability to handle a manual tranny, and OH MY i fell in love with probes, the interior, the exterior, the way it performs, just evertying... that very same nite i went online looking for them... found a few but they were to much, then i hear that another friend is selling his 89 LX so i jumped on that and got it for 300+300 more for new tires, control arm, battery and some electrical work... well after thinking long and hard about what i want in a project car i decided i wanted a newer probe so i would have more options on customizing it, so my search for a second gen began! well i finally found my car!!!! if you know him (Steve P of MIPOC) that is the car i'm gonna get this saturday, it is so beautiful and well maintained... so now my LX is up for sale to the highest bidder, SO BID PEOPLE!!!! lol

well i guess what i'm trying to say is that when i first rode in a probe it just took ahold of me, and even after i got one it still had that hold on me, and i think it will keep a tight hold on me for a LONG LONG time, and i'll bet it is the same way with other probe owners, they are just unique and something different... even though i see one every 2 feet, but i plan on making mine VERY much different from the "average" probe...

thats all i gotta say about this,

james of MIPOC

·
Australian Probe Member
841 Posts
HP Dude said:
G'day Probesters, I'm from Australia and I was wondering, are Probes like a cult car in the US? You guys seem to be very passionate about them, and your area comes second to our Australian section, which is quite impressive! And before you guys rip my head off, I mean second in terms of traffic (although I'm sure even you guys would admit us Aussies rock!!)

Anyhoo, take it easy.
You see what happens to us Aussie Probers, we post along between the FF Aussie Board & The Probe board (& PT); keep low during the Post War & everyone forgets abouts us!!
Anyhow, our 'Club' site is http://www.aus-cartalk.com/auspoc/auspoc.htm & there is a section detailing to differences with the Aussie Probes versus US.
We are having a little difficulty 'formalising' our 'Club' mainly due to numbers (there were only just over 2000 Probes offically sent to OZ) having about 20 active members, but if we could form a 'chapter' of one of the XR Clubs (hint, hint) that would be a big help!!

·
Hardcore GL Tuner
112 Posts
car nuts were not nuts were insane and probes ruleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:cheer::yay: they pick up chicks nicely to

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Yeah I would say that among Probe owners it's a cult car. But overall it's NOT. The man cult cars in the USA would be the Honda Civic, and Acura Integra. Also, DSM has a pretty large following here, but not as much as Honda/Acura. I think the reason why we are into our Probes so much is because they are different. We do not want to run with the rest of the herd. We like knowing that we are original in our ideas, and don't have to pick and choose from a 500 page catalog. Yes, that would be nice, but it would not be as fun either.

I think alot of people like the Probe because of the challenge that it presents when modifying it.

·
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Vulcan Power said:
Yeah I would say that among Probe owners it's a cult car. But overall it's NOT. The man cult cars in the USA would be the Honda Civic, and Acura Integra. Also, DSM has a pretty large following here, but not as much as Honda/Acura. I think the reason why we are into our Probes so much is because they are different. We do not want to run with the rest of the herd. We like knowing that we are original in our ideas, and don't have to pick and choose from a 500 page catalog. Yes, that would be nice, but it would not be as fun either.

I think alot of people like the Probe because of the challenge that it presents when modifying it.
That's as good a reason as any!!

It's funny that Civics and the like are the cult cars of the US (in Australia it's the Subaru WRX, the old model which looks good and goes extremely hard out of the box). Civics are not cult cars in Australia by any stretch of the imagination. They are seen as a grandmother's car. But a lot of the overseas university students (from Asia) drive super riced up versions of Civics. bBut they're the only ones.

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Vulcan Power said:
Yeah I would say that among Probe owners it's a cult car. But overall it's NOT. The man cult cars in the USA would be the Honda Civic, and Acura Integra. Also, DSM has a pretty large following here, but not as much as Honda/Acura
Ohhhhh you mean cult as in a large following, :hrm: . Also, the Mustang has a large following in the states. I don't get the "lets buy a foor door economy car and trick it all out" state of mine either.

·
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Re: Probe info

DRU842 said:

You see what happens to us Aussie Probers, we post along between the FF Aussie Board & The Probe board (& PT); keep low during the Post War & everyone forgets abouts us!!
Anyhow, our 'Club' site is http://www.aus-cartalk.com/auspoc/auspoc.htm & there is a section detailing to differences with the Aussie Probes versus US.
We are having a little difficulty 'formalising' our 'Club' mainly due to numbers (there were only just over 2000 Probes offically sent to OZ) having about 20 active members, but if we could form a 'chapter' of one of the XR Clubs (hint, hint) that would be a big help!!
I'd never forget you guys!!!

As for Probe involvement with the XR clubs, I'm sure we could organise to go on club runs together.

·
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One more thing, just wanted to say thanx for the response!!!

Gee, you guys are nice after all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :s1 :s1 :s1

1 - 18 of 18 Posts