Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently have problem with car charging, model 2017 Fusion Energi (VIN: 3FA6P0SU3HR329234). It used to get 100% charge within 2.7 hours, with V240/16A. Now I can have full charge only within 5-6 hours. Besides, the right side inside of the trunk gets overheated ( not sure what's in there, probably the battery). There were a couple of cases that left charger on in the garage, and the second charge was scheduled. So, it was double charged. The diagnostics show the following error code: P0D8F: 00-28: Battery charger, A cooling system performance. Can't find any info on this error, Googled everywhere. Maybe there's any module that was damaged?
Did anyone come across with such a problem? Hope you guys here can help me out!

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
20,912 Posts
Take it to a dealership for checking , possibly under warranty or covered by software update .

·
Registered
29 Posts
R.S Logan is right.

It takes specialized electrical knowledge to troubleshoot these things, not to mention the safety concerns of that big battery - and what would happen if you accidentally shorted across the terminals of that beast while working on the charger.

As expensive as a dealer is, that’s cheap compared to the consequences of what can happen when that much stored energy gets released in a few milliseconds.

I don’t mean to come off as negative, I’m just an industrial electrician and have seen first hand the damage a failed battery bank can do!

Stay safe,
Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts