Ford Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, if anyone has some advice for me, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

I am trying to pull a 5 speed standard tranny from an 88 Ranger. I have everything disconnected except for the "quick disconnect" fitting for the hydraulic clutch. The white ring that is supposed to depress to release the hydraulic line refuses to budge. I'v tried some penetrating oil and a home made version of the special tool, but nothing moves at all.

If it stays stuck, can I cut the line and not create a bigger problem? I assume I can put a splice in somehow.

Thanks for your help

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The same problem on my brothers 88 ranger. We just ended up cutting the line, and then went to a tranny shop and told them what we needed. Gave it to me free of charge.

· Registered
2 Posts
Its not a big deal if you cut the line. I cut it on my brothers 88 after working for about an hour trying to get that damn thing off. I then went to a tranny shop and told them my problem. The guy gave me the parts that I needed for free. You might have to buy another line. Believe that I had to buy from a dealership.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.