Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help? I just bought a new 2001 GT convertible and I am very disappointed.
It seems there are several things wrong with the car.
1) it ticks when it is cold
2) brakes make a grinding noise when coming to a stop
3) pulls to the right
4) tachometer intermittently doesn't work correctly

The 2 items that concern the most is the ticking noise and the brakes.

1) When cold the engine ticks. It sounds like a lifter. It goes away when warmed (about 10 minutes). My friend had a new Expedition that made a similar noise when his truck was new. Ford said it was normal but they gave him a new engine.

2) When coming to an almost complete stop (just before completely stopping) my brakes make a grinding sound. Is this due to the low profile tires?

Any info on these items will prepare me for the dealer.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have an 01 GT vert that's now almost 3 months old with 6600 miles on it. I haven't had any of the problems you've listed.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tach seems to work fine now.
I have been told that the engine "tick" is not a "tick" but normal sound for the engine. It doesn't do it cold it does it all the time. It isn't anything really.
However I do have a grinding/roaring sound coming from the tires when braking. Is this due the low profile Good Years?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mustang Brakes

Your grinding noise maybe cured as simply as changing the brake pads (cheap so surley worth trying).

·
In Too Deep...
217 Posts
Waranty??

Hey,
Is it still under waranty?? If so you could take it in and have ford check it out. It sounds like your wheel alignment is off, have you hit any pot holes?? :WH:

I would go to FORD and tell them to fix it and if they didn't I would cuss them out :cussing:

·
Mustang GT Member
8 Posts
Yeah take it back for the grinding. The tick is normal. I have it on my car and I know of at least 3 other Stang guys that it does the same thing.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the same problem. I took it back and they said there was some loose plugs so it wasn't getting enough spark. Plus it was something else loose with the Started . If i were you I would takle it back because they said it wasn't normal.

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
that ticking could be clogged oil passages. the lifters are hydraulic and the journals on them might be small, like my probe's are.

the next time you change the oil, try running an engine flush and see if that helps, otherwise i would take it back to the dealer and make them fix it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts