Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a 2003 ranger 4x4 offroad package, in the year i've own it the clutch has gone out 4 times. the 4th time the dealership told me it must be drivers error and will not cover it on warranty. i think this is complete bull. i have driven manual trany's all my life never haven any probs. as far as i know you could beat the crap out of your clutch every day and still not have it go out in the first year. i'm thinking there is a prob here. this is costing me 690 bucks. anybody else having this problem????????????????????

·
Registered
340 Posts
It's easy to tear a clutch plate to shreds in a matter of days if you're really trying. Ford dealerships do a great job when it comes to repairs, so I would tend to agree that the problem is related to your driving style. Either upgrade to a heavy duty clutch and pressure plate or change your driving style.

Brian

·
Registered
3 Posts
for myself i have a 4 liters manual tranny and the clutch seem to be a little weak for the power of the engine so it's tend to worn really easily if you push it a little too much so...just go gentle with her ;) its like a woman :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts