Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bucknaked Is My Real Name
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knows its obvious what program you can use, but I would like to know if anyone has any photoshop software they reckon is best for photoshopping images. There must be heaps out there. But what do you use. I'm new at this, and wouldn't mind having a try at changing stuff on my car thru a photoshop program.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

·
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a search on the internet, and everything points to Adobe Photoshop. I actually thought there would be more than 1 program. Guess I was wrong. Anyway, thanks for the reply. I'm downloading it now. Would be easier with Broadband. The download is 160+mb. Only 10 hours to go. DOH!!!!!!!!!!!

·
now with EF power!
891 Posts
Jasc Paint Shop Pro is what i use and its pretty good.

·
Registered
92 Posts
bucknaked said:
I actually thought there would be more than 1 program. Guess I was wrong.
There is, as stated above there is Paint shop Pro, it is going to cost money though.

There is also a freeware program called Gimp. It does exactly the same thing as Photoshop, with one exception, it doesn't lighten your wallet!
There is one major downturn to it however, there is a major learning curve involved.

·
Registered
774 Posts
So you want photo editing software.. there would have to be dozens of the things if not more (including crap bundled with scanners/printers) . Adobe photoshop in my opinion is the best but it is a bit hard to use at first. Just practice. Don't know how you went with your 160mb download but chances are it wont work, they're usually missing a few cab files so it wont install properly.

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
There's also Corel *cringes*

PS is fairly much the industry standard in graphics, but omg do you pay to (officially)get it. Of course its pretty good tho :)

If you want to actually buy one, Jasc's Paint Shop Pro is a good trade-off between cost and functionality. . .

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
I used to use Adobe Photoshop 7.0 but now since the new version of Adobe Photoshop came out ive already got it, its called Adobe Photoshop 8.0 CS

but i still think the older version 7.0 is much easier to use and the new one is more complicated but i coz im a PC Freak i got the hang of using the new one quick.

·
We Love Greb Murpy
3,022 Posts
It's actually Photoshop CS. And it's much better IMO than 7.

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
ford.boy said:
And it's much better IMO than 7.
Yeh it is, but wat i meant to say is 7.0 is easier to use for ppl that have used it for a while because there is little changes in the new one...

and were did u get it from??

·
I wanna eat your children
4,562 Posts
XFTRBO said:
I used to use Adobe Photoshop 7.0 but now since the new version of Adobe Photoshop came out ive already got it, its called Adobe Photoshop 8.0 CS

but i still think the older version 7.0 is much easier to use and the new one is more complicated but i coz im a PC Freak i got the hang of using the new one quick.

ive got it too....
and ill say its better than 7

·
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JADED6 said:
So you want photo editing software.. there would have to be dozens of the things if not more (including crap bundled with scanners/printers) . Adobe photoshop in my opinion is the best but it is a bit hard to use at first. Just practice. Don't know how you went with your 160mb download but chances are it wont work, they're usually missing a few cab files so it wont install properly.
Good point. I got about 30mb into the download, and when doing a quick clean up of my computer desk, i found a PC user magazine cd i got a few months back. Photo editing software. Sure enough, Adobe PS 7.0.1 was on it.

Your right. It is hard to use. I'm sure I'll spend some time trying to work it out

·
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys for your replies and your suggestions. I think I'll have a play around with Photoshop and give the others a go later. Seems APS is the app to use.

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
madwob said:
ive got it too....
and ill say its better than 7
yes im not saying 7 is better.....

hey guys if u got Photoshop CS can u try use the shortcut keys and tell me if they work,(eg: Undo = Ctrl+Z) coz it dont work for me on mine

·
I wanna eat your children
4,562 Posts
XFTRBO said:
yes im not saying 7 is better.....

hey guys if u got Photoshop CS can u try use the shortcut keys and tell me if they work,(eg: Undo = Ctrl+Z) coz it dont work for me on mine
lmfao at you xftrbo.....i know what you're up to ;)

i suggest you speak to me on msn....i got the solution to your problem ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts