Ford Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 focus SE hatchback 2.0 flex fuel.

The vehicle came with only one key. The FOB works, but the remote doesn't lock/unlock the doors. I followed both the following methods to the letter quite few times and have not succeeded in getting it to enter program mode. For procedure "A" the driver's door does not have an unlock button, just pull the door release. I've tried it using the lock button on the dash and buy pulling the door release as well as skipping that step.

No luck with "B" either. There is a new battery in remote

Procedure A:

1.Close all doors, then open drivers door and press the Unlock button on driver’s door while it is open, insert key into ignition.

2.Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 8 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming mode. (if the door locks do not cycle, then it was done incorrectly. You must start over by removing key and beginning from step 1)

(Off is the position where you can remove your key, RUN is the position just shy of starting your car.)

3.Within 10 seconds press any button on the first keyless remote to be programmed. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. If you only have one remote then skip to step 5.
4.Within 10 seconds, press any button on the second keyless remote. Door locks will cycle again to confirm programming. Repeat step 4. for all other remotes.
5.Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

*If this does not work try the procedure with the door closed.

Procedure B:
1. Fasten seatbelt and close all doors
2. Turn the ignition from OFF to RUN 4 times within 3 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition OFF. The system will chime to confirm programming mode.
4. Within 10 seconds, press and hold any button on first keyless remote. The system will chime once to confirm programming.
5. Within 10 seconds, press and hold any button on second keyless remote. System will chime once to confirm programming.
6. Turn ignition to RUN to exit programming mode.

Please note: All steps should be performed in fairly rapid succession. If you never get the initial chime or door lock cycle, that means the vehicle has never entered programming mode. You should remove key from ignition, open and close the door and start over.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Plant Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
23,478 Posts
There are mobile auto locksmiths that can usually handle every step of replacing a key fob including reprogramming them, usually a lot cheaper than dealership Might be worth a call

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel I may not have made my issue clear. The problem is getting my focus to enter program mode so I can pair the remote with the vehicle's keyless entry system. The two methods I listed show how it is done, but my vehicle isn't entering program mode using either. So far my search on the internet has only found those two methods. Once I get the vehicle computer to enter program mode all I have to do is press any key on the remote.

The system is designed for the vehicle owner to be able to pair the remotes themselves. So my quest here is if anyone knows of a different procedure to get the system to enter into program mode.

·
Super Moderator
10,227 Posts
I saw those two procedures plus another. I also saw some key FOBs for sale that said you need a locksmith or a Ford dealer. If you have the head or master key you can program other keys from it. Since in your case, you do not, you're probably going to have to go to Ford or a locksmith since you don't know if that's the master or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.