Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Gonna miss the ED :(
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mates dragged eachother the other night.
EA S 5spd stock 3 +-100kg people
vs
VNSS auto quickshift 2/1/2 inch and pod filter 3 +-70kg people

EA won.
Twice.

:)

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
Nice work.
Mite have to go find my ss mate and test my car out.

·
Gonna miss the ED :(
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SmokeEA- YES, bet the commy driver just couldnt get it!!!!!!!!

HAHAHA so true.
this guy was telling my mates to buy a holden because fords are slow.
oh the irony.... i love it

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
love it, i actually like that the EA's have such a bad reputation as being a slow car, just makes it that much more fun to show them the truth. Oh i'm gunna haveto start putting money aside for that manual conversion...

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
ROFLMAO!!!!!

sucked in to the VN SS driver!!!

hows this for funny though: one of my mates has a manual excel, cat back zorst, 147dB stezza, 15" mags, lowered, pod filter etc - so basically its only very slightly faster than stock.

an aquaintance of his was mouthing off to me about how fords are shit etc etc etc (he has a auto VS commo V6 with pacemakers and 18s and CAI) so im like, righto, lets race!

there is a carpark in a reserve near me that is about 200m long..its huge and well away from the street, and it was late at night, no neibours to disturbe or anything.

we lined up, and i smashed him twice out of two. (of course lol)

he was still crapping on, so i said "mate, give XXXX a run in his excel, leave me alone with your slow-ass shitter"

so he raced my mate in his excel 3 times, lost twice, and one the last one by half a carlength, only because my mate missed the 1-2 shift, and lost half a car before finding second!!!!

hehe i soooo LOVE shutting down commo drivers, and the fact he was thrashed by an excel as well made it even better!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
an excel now thats FUNNY.

dunno why but when ppl who own Vn's etc they think their the best car and fastest car,yet its probably the most gutless of the commodores i seen Vl's beat em.(stock)

·
Fu(kn Slow & Low
479 Posts
beat my mates vl and my cousins vn the other night, so funny off the lights my car is shit but still beat them by only half a car length or so, then on drop back, hahaha seee ya commos.... at 60 drop back to first and floor it, (my cars auto.. i want a manual), beat them by about 3 car lengths. hahaha.
also my mate was going on about his vn 5 speed, 8:30 at night coming home from the beach we run into eachother, i got the g/f in the car and full tank a gas im set with weight (plus being a ghia), at 80 i dropped back to second, i torqued it all the way through to 5grand and then shifted to 3rd, doing a ridiculous speed im half a car length infront, was heaps happy because i didnt even think about it heaps. he made excuses as usual to try to redeam himself and said his gonna drag me when his got vortech supercharger on!!! what ever mate... crap on.... still beat ya today didnt i!!!!!!! and the best thing is ive only dont cat back zorst and pod filter, his done exractors, hi flow cat, zorst, pod filter, hsv clutch!!!! hahha even more sweeter.

got to love the commo drivers, all big headed at first, ya beat them then they have to make excuses!!!

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
No matter what level of modifications you may have done to a car, alot of commo drivers can never accept defeat. Particularly sad when they open the bonnet after the race to indicate that something "must" be wrong with there car, not that they're baffled that they were beaten, just to pretend the poor performance of there car is due to a mechanical fault....

·
Wannabe mechanic :)
694 Posts
It is due to a mechanical fault. A low-torque, low power engine mated to a rather strange driveline setup outweighs the fact that a commonwhore is lighter than a Ford, with a higher torque, power engine, with a smarter driveline (in my opinion). Of course, I'm only talking about the equivelent cars of the earlier E-series era. Some of those big V8 clubsport thinggies do go, and a CV8 Monaro the other day REALLY impressed me :p

Also, I wouldn't disclude the possibility of mechanical failure during a hard 200m run for a Commodore. I see a lot of them with their bonnets popped, around the hills ("strenuous" work getting up these hills every day, apparently.. dunno why my '91 EA Ghia hasn't let me down...).

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
I love my mate andrew's excuse when i beat his VL 5 speed... "you got an extra 900cc though!"

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
hahahaha... u could reply "but uve got a extra cam and set of vavles... whats the go mate? yours just dosnt put in like my ford!!! :hy: " that would fix hime up hehehehe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts