Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
car mad female
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 1996 ford fairmont has recently started playing up,up hill.first I thought it was plugs or fuel filter but now I think it could be not enough auto fluid or needs a service.It is a sealed auto so I can not check it or top it up.Can anyone help me please with good ideas...

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Details?
It could be a variety of things from what you describe...:)

·
car mad female
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mongrelEB said:
Details?
It could be a variety of things from what you describe...:)
it feels exactly like when you need new spark plugs and when you climb a hill theres not enough power but ive changed the plugs.
karen

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
OK how does she shift - do you think it could go down earlier than it does?
Power on the flat is OK, no losses taking off from the lights etc?
Like I said, it could be a variety of things ranging from the auto needing a service to weak spark (i.e. needs a new coil) to a dicky fuel pump. When was the auto/engine last serviced?

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Full tank up hill and empty tank up hill give same problem, under load as mongreleb said, flat to the floor off the line does it feel flat and powerless or not, does it scream and chuck a tantrum flat to the floor off the line.

More info please :0)

Jason

·
car mad female
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mongrelEB said:
OK how does she shift - do you think it could go down earlier than it does?
Power on the flat is OK, no losses taking off from the lights etc?
Like I said, it could be a variety of things ranging from the auto needing a service to weak spark (i.e. needs a new coil) to a dicky fuel pump. When was the auto/engine last serviced?
engine serviced not long ago but not sure on auto, as only had car 4 months.thanx for reply

·
Registered
847 Posts
Get the auto fully serviced and a dipstick put in for peace of mind 200 and sumthin bucks for a full fluid service or 2500 for a new box if it dies on ya. It would well be worth it.

Also you said you had new plugs but what about leads, are they worn looking?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts