Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
XA GS FAIRMONT 302
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else here had a problem of cat's at night pissing all over their pride and joy as well as on the front and back doors of my house. It is really starting to give me the sh&#s that people don't look after their animals. My car as well as my other halfs mini is locked under the house but they still find their way in. Anybody here got some ideas on how to ride myself of this problem. Anyway nothing nasty because i have cats myself.

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
That sucks! I've got some suggestions but seeing that you have cats, I'd better shut my big hole.

·
XA GS FAIRMONT 302
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trust me im just about ready to leave a bit of bait out for them. I sat outside half the night last night spraying them with a hose and the bastards just keep comming back. The major problem is when the piss on the car it goes into the air vents. If people can't look after their animals they shouldn't have them as far as i'm concerned.

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
try and catch them and take them to the pound....the owner will think twice.

cats dont like pepper, so if you can find a good way of placing pepper on or near your car.........

cant think of any other nice ones atm.......... although i have cats too so i know exactly what you wouldnt like to hear...

·
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe
1,290 Posts
LMAO INTO THE AIR VENTS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sorry, its just funny.... isnt ther elike a spray or sumthing that makes cats not go near? like u coiuld spray that around the car (not on it) and around the doors... i think, i dunno, if not, call a vet or like pets paradise, they might b able to help

soryr, still laughin about hte air vents

·
XA GS FAIRMONT 302
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know it is funny but not when it happens to me. It is bloody impossible to get the smell out of the car.

·
2,153 Posts
I have almost the same problem with a neighbours cat. As soon as I open my garage door at night it runs into my backyard. No pissing has been detected yet.

I think there was a similar thread on this last year, you may have to do a search

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Try running a circle of Citronella (i.e. the stuff you buy in a bottle from Mitre 10 or somewhere like that) around the car on the ground. It should keep them away, well it works for me anyway!

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
back2thefutura said:
Try running a circle of Citronella (i.e. the stuff you buy in a bottle from Mitre 10 or somewhere like that) around the car on the ground. It should keep them away, well it works for me anyway!
thats the other shit i was thinkin about. theres also a particular herb you can gro in ya garden that cats hate not sure of the name of it though my mum could tell me tomorrow..... if i can remember to ask

·
Registered
738 Posts
this is sort of related - but a way to discourage the cats is catch them and dunk them in water. They'll be too scared to come back.

I heard of a story where the neighbour's cat was coming in and eating the food they set out for their cat. Their cat was just too scared to do anything, so they waited till the other cat came in, set the cat door so it couldn't get out and dunked it in the laundry trough then let it go. It didn't come back.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
The cat next door used to come round here and pick on my old cat, got the bastard by the scruf of the neck one night and took to him with a hose, one wet cat and a million scratches on my arm later he ain't coming back.

The funny thing is now, my new cat goes round there and kicks his arse hehe.

·
Registered
738 Posts
TIKFD6 said:
The best way to get rid of cat piss in your vents, is to boil your kettle, andf poar it over and down the vents.
It works.
I suppose the best way to get rid of the cat is to pour boiling water on the cat :)

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
I like cats, want to trade recipe's?:hehe:

(that was on a bumper sticker I saw once)

·
XA GS FAIRMONT 302
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got a cat trap of a work mate today, once i catch the little bastards there going to the pound.

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Have you had a chat with the neighbours yet? They should lock their cats up at night.

There was another thread like this floating around a while back... Lots of nasty advice, but some sensible.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts