Powercruise Easter long weekend April 9 10 and 11

Hi Everyone
Carline Mufflers Powercruise #2 Update Number 1
www.powercruise.net

Carline Mufflers Powercruise #2
Queensland Raceway Willowbank
Easter Long Weekend
April 9,10 and 11. 2004

Ok boys and girls, get your camping gear out its Powercruise time again. so get your act together because it’s time to start working on your car again, fixing all those little things that usually let you down over the weekend. There’s a lot of cruising to be done this EASTER LONG WEEKEND at Qld Raceway.

Powercruise is going to be busier, tougher, and COOLER, with more time on the track for cruising with sessions limited to 1 hour but with 8 sessions over the weekend. The action will be thinker and faster this time with the burnouts happening on Saturday night along with Victor Bray’s Chevy doorslammer, Allan Sarkis’s Outlaw Centura, Chris Hollingworth’s Pro Street commodore Ute just to name a few. There are also a few other big names in the pipeline so you will have the chance to not only watch these guys in action, but ENTRANTS will have the chance to give ‘em a run in the cruising.
Yep that’s right, these guys and more will be cruising the track looking for any guys willing to have their asses handed to them buy these PRO STREET OUTLAW STREET MONSTERS.

The website has been updated with a new look. You can check out the action video clips, pictures and results in the media section.

SPECTATORS have not been forgotten. There will be plenty to look at in the outdoor show and shine on both day, competitions in the pit park all weekend, the MUD WRESTLING will be back again. The wrestling was tough last time, so I can imagine what it will be like this time when the GIRLS GET DOWN AND DIRTY WITH $500 CASH on the line to the winner once again.
I suppose we will have to have another WET T-SHIRT COMP of course, I think I am going to have to invite back last years winner just to tease the boys. The will be another $1000 CASH for the winner of the WET-T-SHIRT COMP.
Plenty of other attractions are planned so keep an eye on the updates and the program when it’s added to the site for all the details.
Spectators will also be treated to a little surprise when about 10 OF QLD’S TOUGHEST STREETCARS pull into pit lane to hand pick a few spectators to go for a cruise around the track with them. Imagine getting into a 9 second torana, your cruising the track and the owner just happens to pull up next to Victor Bray and give him a street race. Chances are your GUNNA GET YOUR DOORS AND YOUR EARS BLOWN OFF but I can guarantee you will be walking around with a permanent smile on your face all weekend.

So DOWNLOAD THE ENTRY FORM from the entrants section and post it off to make sure you’re apart of all the action or catch the Carline Mufflers Powercruise team when we are out and about handing out flyers.
All previous entrants will be posted a few entry forms. If you can’t download the entry form, just send me an e-mail with your postal details and I will drop one in the snail mail box asap.
The first round of Pre-Paid entries cut off date is 31 January so don’t miss out on the NEW CHEAPER ENTRANT COSTS.

Catch ya cruising
www.powercruise.net
Please call 0407172413 for more info.

·
known as tibbo
2,033 Posts
Re: Powercruise Easter long weekend April 9 10 and 11

i'm going out for a peep for sure..Not entering but after the Summernats i'll be needing a fix..
Nice write up in SM too..Looks good

·
built_tough_ford_girl
6 Posts

Sounds like there's isn't neone out there up for Powercruise. I've been entered and ready since January. Cmon ppl.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts

im going n i already have spoken to qld rep about this powercruise so yeah regardless im there..(spectating though :p )

·
built_tough_ford_girl
6 Posts

K well hopefully it'll be a good weekend and all worth it.
See ya round.

·
Club Phantom
284 Posts
went last year and it's a waste of time. This year should be worse. Took forever to get on the track and this time the cruising time is only an hour!!! And unless you drive a small block LJ torana doing skids you don't make the video, go figure. Save your money and buy some easter eggs, you'll enjoy it more. :dj:

·
built_tough_ford_girl
6 Posts
Yeah but last year hardly neone knew about it, as a spectator i still had a good time. Tried to buy the dvd last weekend but Autobarn was just a stuff around so haven't seen it. I think we have a chance of gettin our little baby on vid but it doesn't matter it'll still beat sittin around thinkin about wat its like this year.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
*coughs* last year was its first year,so cant expect much but theres more then just a torry on that video..

anyways im going out with a few ppl's anyways hope to see a few FF/e series ppl out there..

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went last year also, and it was hopeless. Don't bother making the excuse that it was the first time, because nothing is changing this time, except that there will probably be more people. The format is still the same except for 1 hour cruise sessions.

For starters it is an absolute dustbowl and impossible to keep the cars clean. You can expect your car to overheat trying to get on the track, the queue is that long, and it will be worse this year!! To add to this you have the doorslammers cruising the track also eating into your cruise time. Unfortunately I bought the video and that was a bigger dissappointment. A great deal of the quality cars, in particular fords, didn't make the final cut. It was obvious to me that unless you turned the tyres you didn't make it. The irony for us is that by the time we made it to the track we were told by an official that "any skids and the event will be cancelled". Being good little boys we complied, but when you see the DVD, all the wankas in their shitboxes doing skids made the final cut. The guys who played by the rules were obviously considered poor movie content, regardless of car quality. I don't know about you guys, but I can only watch so much of shitboxes trying to do skids with the wheel on full lock!!!

I can tell you now that none of my mates are going this year 'cause we all feel the same. I'm with Coupeman, buy some easter eggs and stay home watching Brady Bunch re-reuns on TV, it'll be a lot more fun.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
let others make up their own minds about it instead of ramming it down ppl's throats that its crap.

and secondly your right it was said that no skids etc but ppl did them anyways cant police everyone you know,anyways brady bunch is utter crap and easter eggs aint worth the money,you'll spend just as much $$$ over easter on eggs then you would if you went to POWERCRUISE(talking family etc).

this year is bigger n hopefully better then last year,we'll have to wait n see won't we.. :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
hoon69 said:
let others make up their own minds about it instead of ramming it down ppl's throats that its crap.

and secondly your right it was said that no skids etc but ppl did them anyways cant police everyone you know,anyways brady bunch is utter crap and easter eggs aint worth the money,you'll spend just as much $$$ over easter on eggs then you would if you went to POWERCRUISE(talking family etc).

this year is bigger n hopefully better then last year,we'll have to wait n see won't we.. :p
The objective of a forum is to share honest opinions and this is what I've tried to do. If you want to waste, sorry spend, your money on this event be my guest and have a great time, you're easily pleased.

I'm pretty sure you're right in suggesting there will be more cars this year. But quality beats quantity every time. I would much rather see a dozen 10 and 11 second fords cruising the track than 30 lowered HQ's not to mention the army of buzz boxes. I think in time the really tuff cars will give this event the big miss, but like you say time will tell.

And finally, the Brady bunch re-runs was only a suggestion. You don't sound old enough so maybe the Simpsons might be your speed. But either way don't forget the easter eggs. Don't say I didn't warn you.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
a opinion n criticism are two different things,i reckon your right there are alot of hq's and buzz boxes but thats not there problem is it maybe if ford ppl's represented more then there would be a whinge fest,i couldnt care less im a car lover dont care what type as long as its nice etc,and matey 2 replies and your into arguing already, shows how old you maybe are...

BTW theres nothing wrong with the simpsons :p :p :p :p :p

·
XR82GO
1,539 Posts
Possibility of me going up for a look on the Sunday, Will either be in my Xr8 or maybe in a mates Green Vr ute (supercar front bar) If ya spot me be sure to come and say hello.

·
built_tough_ford_girl
6 Posts
Cmon if u have so much of a problem with "wasting your time" y r u even replying. Stop your whingeing and grow up. As i said its better than wasting away a long weekend. And yeah last year there were stuff all fords out there but this year lets hope some people get some balls and stop wasting their life away eating easter eggs.
I hope you guys who r watching TV have a lovely weekend. Bubye now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hope everyone has their stuff together because the Carline Mufflers Powercruise 2 is gunna be
Queenslands Biggest Horsepower Party and its on this Easter Weekend at Queensland Raceway Willowbank.
With over 500 entrants, 340 show and shine cars, 130 cars booked in for the dyno, 420 booked in for the street drags, 390 booked in for the Powerskid comp, a few hundred in for the drifting and the favourite of everyone, the Carline Mufflers Powercruise
This is where you will see the absolute finest, toughest, fattest, lowest, grumpiest, meaniest and the quickest street cars Queensland has to offer.
From the word on the street, people are so keen on getting a fence line camp spot, they will be camping out at the front gate from Thursday morning just to be at the front of the line. Now that’s dedication.

I haven’t forgotten the spectators this time, not that I did last time but I have thrown a few more goodies into the ring with spectator events happening throughout the venue all weekend, stage shows, a miss powercruise competition, a few girls clad in not much at all, wanting to put on a dance show for you, and this is just whats happening during the day.
The Saturday night stage will be rockin after the burnout show and firework display. There will be of course the old favourite, the mud wrestling and followed up by, well, you will just have to come and see what all the fuss is about wont you.

So get yourself out to Queensland Raceway on Friday arvo and settle in for the biggest weekend you’ll have this year, that is until November where I will have another radical car orientated event I am gunna throw at ya all.

Catch ya cruisin…….. that is, if you can catch my little green hq. If you wanna run, give me a yell cause I was 73 winns and 32 losses last year,(bloody turbo cars) so bring it on boys and girls.

Catch ya cruisin…………

Gup

www.powercruise.net
Mobile 0407172413

·
Munch Munch Rice 4 Lunch
594 Posts
powercruise was ok except for the fact that your not allowed to take alcohol onto the grounds (though that rule was broken by virtually everyone there), and to see the wet Tshirt comp or mudwrestling you needed a helicopter, they should put up a granstand or something so we can get some sort of view.
apart from our weekend started at 11.30 Friday morning and we didn't get through the carpark and onto the grounds until 4.30 that afternoon, and the amount of people that had camped there the whole weekend who had only paid for one day was shocking. i doubt that i'll bother going next year unless there is a major overhaul of the camping arrangments and entrants to the show should be allowed to enter and setup camp all day friday not just from midday onwards... just my opinion but it was a bit of a slap together operation

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
RevHeadRon said:
powercruise was ok except for the fact that your not allowed to take alcohol onto the grounds (though that rule was broken by virtually everyone there), and to see the wet Tshirt comp or mudwrestling you needed a helicopter, they should put up a granstand or something so we can get some sort of view.
apart from our weekend started at 11.30 Friday morning and we didn't get through the carpark and onto the grounds until 4.30 that afternoon, and the amount of people that had camped there the whole weekend who had only paid for one day was shocking. i doubt that i'll bother going next year unless there is a major overhaul of the camping arrangments and entrants to the show should be allowed to enter and setup camp all day friday not just from midday onwards... just my opinion but it was a bit of a slap together operation
you mean like this,my mates prepaid only to be sitting for 3 hours n more to get there cars into competition n onto the track..
i feel your pain but it was better then last year i hear more positive then negatives from the event n beleive you cant expect a show like the nats etc from such a fresh event,any criticism or comments make them known to pwercruise gup im sure he welcomes em..

·
Registered
8 Posts
RevHeadRon said:

Sorry, couldn't resist..... but I DID WARN YOU ALL!!!! For what it's worth the TV was great (NRL on FOX) and I could hardly fit another easter egg in.
Bet you all don't go next year. :dj:

·
Munch Munch Rice 4 Lunch
594 Posts
unfortunately i didn't look up any of the forums here about powercruise until i got back.
and also find it very hard to believe that people can try to put on a show like powercruise and get it as backward as they have, i know first hand what its like to get a show organised and as far as i'm concerned they couldn't organise a shag in a brothel, and if they really do need help with running an event of its size they should consult one of the many car clubs, ASRF or ASMF can definately give them some pointers.

·
Registered
248 Posts
In my opinion, the event was rather lame, I got really sick of seeing old old old old old car, admittedly there were some nice old cars and some nice custom cars and good 90's onwards cars. The Mud Wrestling was worse. The wet T comp was the only thing that made the $25 admission fee seem ok. I didnt like how the girls were pressured by the organisers and the crowd to take all there clothes off, don't get me wrong i'm a guy and loved it, but i felt for some of those girls.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts