Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
XR82GO
Joined
·
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys n gals

Just about to send in my Membership forms for the Xr6 & Xr8 club of Queensland and was just wondering who from here is a member of this club.:toocool:

Twinpistion your a member aren't you???

Do you guys do the occasional cruise down to the Broadwater car park on the Gold coast on Saturday nights? If so when is the next one, I might drive up to meet a couple of you next time.

Cheers
Andrew
P.S. Keep an eye out for my ute as you might be seeing it soon.:hehe2:
 

·
CEO - The BSR Group
Joined
·
4,400 Posts
Well I'll just say that I attended a couple of runs when I lived back on the Gold Coast, in their early days, and there were a few good guys in it back then. It's a shame things are so different there now - it makes me sad to see certain things done or said by so-called "fellow Ford enthusiasts".

I will say no more.
 

·
XR82GO
Joined
·
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are the ones I know are in the XR club (QLD) so far...


XR6Gal (just sent papers in)
Twinpiston
Alan B


Come on surely there must be more of you out there??????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
They are a strange mob i must say, i cant believe that they dont incorperate the FPV in their Clubs name.You have to move on with the times i would think.
Cheers John
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
708 Posts
I am a member, also there is a significant reason why "FPV" is not incorperated in the clubs name.;) It has nothing to do with the club being a strange mob.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
708 Posts
Also this is not to say that we don't welcome FPV vehicles into our club, in fact we have quite a few members with BA GT's and the like.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
708 Posts
sylox said:
Hey guys n gals

Just about to send in my Membership forms for the Xr6 & Xr8 club of Queensland and was just wondering who from here is a member of this club.:toocool:

Twinpistion your a member aren't you???

Do you guys do the occasional cruise down to the Broadwater car park on the Gold coast on Saturday nights? If so when is the next one, I might drive up to meet a couple of you next time.

Cheers
Andrew
P.S. Keep an eye out for my ute as you might be seeing it soon.:hehe2:
Sylox, we do at least a couple of cruises a year to the south coast, our last cruise in 2003 was a night run to the broadwater which i think we had approx 30 cars. Our first run for the year is heading up the north coast to Noosa which i think will be around the mid to late Feb. I know it's a bit of a drive from where you live. Keep an eye on the website sylox for confirmation on dates and other club events. If you don't have the web address i will pm it to you.

By the way nice ute. :wnc:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
To Noddy can you please tell me the reasons why the FPV is not incorperated in the clubs name,i really cant understand why one would not and then have the new GTs owners to be members ?
Cheers John
 

·
XR82GO
Joined
·
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Noddy said:
Sylox, we do at least a couple of cruises a year to the south coast, our last cruise in 2003 was a night run to the broadwater which i think we had approx 30 cars. Our first run for the year is heading up the north coast to Noosa which i think will be around the mid to late Feb. I know it's a bit of a drive from where you live. Keep an eye on the website sylox for confirmation on dates and other club events. If you don't have the web address i will pm it to you.

By the way nice ute. :wnc:
I will try and make the Noosa Cruise. Just have to stay at a mates place on the Gold Coast and leave from there I Guess. Might see you there Noddy, I'll be the one trying to scam a ride in the T3. lmao.
Thanks for the info...
Andrew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I'm a new member of the Club!

I joined a month or so before xmas.... i haven't been to any events yet....but i will be going to the "motorkahan" thingy
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
708 Posts
GTP 320 said:
To Noddy can you please tell me the reasons why the FPV is not incorperated in the clubs name,i really cant understand why one would not and then have the new GTs owners to be members ?
Cheers John
John, i will pm you when i get a chance.
Sylox, slipper, xbcoupe2boot, look forward to meeting you guys.

I know Grunter with his blown silver xr8 is a member as well.

cheers:)
 

·
Copyright �2003
Joined
·
1,517 Posts
GTP 320 said:
...can you please tell me the reasons why the FPV is not incorperated in the clubs name...
I asked for a free FPV GT-P to vote yes to the name change. They they said no, you can only have a GT, which wasn't good enough.

No bribe, no vote. This is Qld remember. :angel:
 

·
XR82GO
Joined
·
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Twinpiston
XR6Gal
Noddy
Alan B
XBCoupe2Boot
Slipper
Grunter


Ok guys and XR6Gal lol

Whos comming to the Noosa Cruise??? It will be my first outing with the club and am hoping to put some faces to the names....
 

·
100MPH Hunter
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Yep I should hopefully be there as long as I get the car road capable by then!!!
 

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
Joined
·
953 Posts
Can i just ask whats wrong with the XR club of QLD. I know a few memebers and they are great guys. I cant imagine anyone that would cause any problems, as most people assocated with these kinds of organisations usually go out of there way to support Ford (look towards Mr Sparkle send me a PM regarding what your talking about).
 

·
347 cubic power!
Joined
·
171 Posts
Unfortunately for me, I cannot attend this cruise. However, I am looking forward to meeting a few of you guys, possibly at the club Dyno Day on the 20th March.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top