Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Phat Drift Damage Victim
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's decided, I want an EF or EL XR6. I've been looking around and just about everyone I see is auto and doesnt have a bodykit on it, so obviously they're an option or they only come out on the more spec'ed up models?
Also I'm assuming cruise control was an option or is the same deal?
As you can probably tell now I'm looking for one that's manual, has the body kit and cruise, so what should I expect to pay and also is registration for them any dearer as they are a sports car?

Also I cant find any decent pics of any EF/L XR6's anywhere on the net so if anyone knows where I can find some please let me know

·
I am a Turbo Wanker
2,379 Posts
I too had chased this path a few times. This is what I found:

- EL 5-speed are bloody hard to come by
- EF 5-speed are more common but they aren't EL's :(
- With a body kit is just about impossible, those that do have one are low kms and cost close to $19K
- The body kit can be bought from SSV.com.au so its not the end of the world.
- Insurance is usually around $1200 for a 21yo male or so.
- Insurance for my ED is $500 for the same age.
- Conclusion for me, not worth the $100 a wek to pay back for 1/10th more speed and double the insurance.
- Should have bought one as my 1st car, would make more sense.

PS - I still want one but I won't ever get one :(

·
Registered
7,505 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
How long have you been looking for the car? I've been looking for a 5spd vs/ef for 2 months now and the other day i happened to stumble across a nice 5spd EL XR6 for a decent price and depending on the RACV check tommorow it could be mine, although it doesnt have the bodykit or cruise i think? not really fussed about that but yeah its a 5spd at least and as i'm about to turn 18 and its first car i insured under the parents name with me as a driver which chops about $1000 off the premium :)

·
Phat Drift Damage Victim
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been looking for a couple of weeks now, found alot of auto's without the kits etc on them, and the 1 manual I've found didnt look to be in the best condition on the outside, shopping trolly dings on it and the paint was scratched and they wanted $13k for it.

I really want one in that blue colour they come out in but I am yet to see one anywhere, I dont really care about the bodykit but I thought it will be one less thing I gotta add to it when I buy it. Hopefully things are looking good and I may have around $15k to spend.

·
ESP Member
76 Posts
They are out there, I just got mine a month a go. EF five speed, blue, 130, 000, exaust, wheels, lowered etc, no body kit though, $15000. There was a few available when I was looking there was another 5 speed with the body kit for the same price just down the road from this one, it was green though. Like was said earlier you can always wack a body kit on it, but changing the colour is a far more costly. Just be patient, you will find one. check out the trading post, 15000+ and try to knock them down a bit.

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Wow, when I was looking for one all I could find was manuals - at least 4 XH XR's I looked at, all were manual, 1 EL XR, manual, 2 EF's, one was manual and one was auto, the guy wanted $20,000 for the auto EF so we gave it a miss! I ended up settling for a Futura instead!

If you dont end up finding one you like, come down here, they're everywhere!

·
Phat Drift Damage Victim
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn you lucky guys, oh well at least that gives me a bit of hope, keep looking

·
XR Driver
184 Posts
here is lil pic of myn

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts