Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
wanting 6 gears!
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an offer from qtac to study bussines at gardens point. The only problem is i can't decide which of the following i should chose. Its in (advertising, electronic business, human resource management, international business, management, public relations) which one or ones of the following should i study. Iv done a diploma in international bussiness last year but I only want to study what will give me a job and highpay. I was wondering from any ones experiance can you offer any suggestions to which ones should be picked ???

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Tough choice. What are you good at and what do you prefer?

If you are enthusiastic enough and put in a great deal of effort any of those could lead to a good income.

·
Sandwich Connoisseur
955 Posts
International business or management definately. 2 of my cousins are on 180k+ a year, and one got a 50k bonus last year. One does banking stuff (large currancy transfers) in the US, and one is an executive for Myers. I'll get stuck with a measly 40k or so start with engineering :(, but its better then my mum was getting with 25 years teaching experience.

Donno

·
P1mp Daddy
518 Posts
donno said:
International business or management definately. 2 of my cousins are on 180k+ a year, and one got a 50k bonus last year. One does banking stuff (large currancy transfers) in the US, and one is an executive for Myers. I'll get stuck with a measly 40k or so start with engineering :(, but its better then my mum was getting with 25 years teaching experience.

Donno
Agreed... It sucks when you realise a few years later that your engineering degree is good for a flap/window on your cardboard box home a few years down the track ;)

·
Sandwich Connoisseur
955 Posts
bigred said:
Agreed... It sucks when you realise a few years later that your engineering degree is good for a flap/window on your cardboard box home a few years down the track ;)
Or when I make into team management and be able to pay for a new gtp in cash every year lol :p

Wishful thinking
Donno

·
wanting 6 gears!
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
donno said:

Donno
Ha sounds like international bussiness and management will be the way to go. Iv done a diploma in IB so it would probly be good to continue it and management sounds like it pays well. Ill definatly be doing those 2 i know some guy that did Advertising and something else and works at aussie home loans earning like $500 a week so i think that will be a no go area. I also thought engineering was a hard course that payed well afterwards. Im not sure if i should study some law after bussiness would it be worth it ?

·
Sandwich Connoisseur
955 Posts
Nah, engineering does pay pretty well once you get some experience up, after about 5 yrs in the job your on about 80k, thats the average, and I'm doing my degree at what I consider to be the best qld university for it, UQ, so I'm hoping for a bit more, if I can get my gpa up a bit, thinking about my car too much! But then again, I'm not counting on anything.

Donno

1 - 7 of 7 Posts