Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dodgy EA
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me a full run down on the conditions of riding my motorbike on my learners permit in Queensland?

The Queensland Transport site only tells me that I must ride 'under the direction' of a person who has held an open license for my class of bike for a year and if they are a pillion passenger with me they must have held it for 3 years.

So this obviousley tells me that they don't have to be a pillion passenger. So what does the person I am 'under the instruction of' have to do? Can they instruct me to just go for a ride or do they have to follow me in a car or on a bike or what? The whole thing is so unclear.

Any advice on this issue, as well as what is entailed in getting your P's for a moto in QLD would be much appreciated.

Thanks and Merry Xmas

Mick

·
spaced out
648 Posts
If its like the NSW which it appears to be, if you have a pillion passanger, they must have had a open "motorbike licence" other wise you are free to rid around by your self

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
well i have my L's for a motorbike licence and have had my L's for em for 9 months,it works like this,you must have someone with you like you said either (1)on a bike with you(as you said they must of held theirs for X amount of time) or on a bike or car with you other words following you(same again,must of held em for X amount of time)
as you'd know your limited to a 250 unless you have held your car licence for more then 3 yrs and then you can go to Q ride and update(do a course)and get a open class licence to ride any bike,which it costs from 100 bucks upwards exact price i cant remember but it involves quick tricks around at q ride then a few hours on open road.
as for your P's go down after 6-12 months after holding your L's and ask em,i never got that far.

yes you must have someone with you at all times whilst riding,whether following you by bike or car,or on the bike with you.

·
Dodgy EA
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Hoon69, thats what I wanted to know (whether I had to have someone following me)

If anyone who has done the test could give me an idea of what it's like it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Mick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts