Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at a pair of crossovers for a pair of MB Quarts 6.5IN splits and im curious about the crossovers.

ON the crossover you have the input + and - , the woofer + and - , and then you have the tweeter - and three positives with 0db, 3db, and 6db written above each positive. what are these there for and which one do u use?

cheers!

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
I'm not familiar with the speakers mentioned, but by your description it sounds like the three terminals give you three different levels.
That is, 1 is a flat response, 2 gives you a 3dB higher output, and 3 gives you 6dB higher output in the top end.
(Numbers 2 and 3 may be 3dB and 6dB lower output as well, depending on how they've designed it).
I suspect they would do this because different mounting positions will give different results, so you can tune it to for the flattest response.

Connect each one and listen to which sounds best to you, as without measuring equipment, it's difficult to set.

Rick.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh ok. but doing this isnt going to damage the speakers in any way. or if i connect them to an amp its not going to damage the amp in anyway?

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Just don't go turning up full to start with, just increase volume slowly to a maximum desired level, if you hear any distortion then shut it down and change the connection to a a different db, also you can set the gain on the amp to low as well.

If you turn it up slowly and listen, you can't really do any damage, but the amp will in no way be damaged no matter what, but blowing the speakers is possible.

Jason

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
I'm confident it won't damage anything, as going from your description that's how I think it should be, however there is always the slight chance I'm wrong.

Rick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts