Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
NMPOC Bouncer
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when you are driving up the road and you see a cop on the side radaring people or in the middle of the lanes with a radar gun, when you pass the cop do you flash your lights to the oncoming traffic to warn them there is a cop up ahead looking to pull someone over. i do and people have done it to me, i think everyone should do it especially when it is during rush hour traffic on a hilly road where you can't see over the hills

·
"Sweet Pea"
172 Posts
I do but every now and again (not a habit) only when i am far enough away from the cop. Here they will pull you over for that.

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
daprobe said:
Its against the law. I'm not gonna risk getting a ticket to save someone else's ass.
what about that video u tole me too watch.. thats against the law too right.. :crazy1: :dead:

G

·
I agree with Brian I'm not going to risk my license because someone else can't obey the speed limit. If I'm speeding on a highway I'm not going to be paying too much attention to headlights in the other lane, but more so the headlights sitting at weird angles, and taillights in front of me. Not to mention those making love lights.

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
CeyJay26 said:
I agree with Brian I'm not going to risk my license because someone else can't obey the speed limit. If I'm speeding on a highway I'm not going to be paying too much attention to headlights in the other lane, but more so the headlights sitting at weird angles, and taillights in front of me. Not to mention those making love lights.
:s6: :fluffy: :muhaa:

·
Probe Member
106 Posts
jared r said:

what about that video u tole me too watch.. thats against the law too right.. :crazy1: :dead:
You said you liked asians and booty, you never said anything about them having to be women :darin:
Hey, they didn't have to be wearing the leaves ya know :HAHA: :fluffy:

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
daprobe said:

You said you liked asians and booty, you never said anything about them having to be women :darin:
Hey, they didn't have to be wearing the leaves ya know :HAHA: :fluffy:
:MUha: :HAHA: :fluffy: i always like to see female ass.. the only male ass i want to see is my own.. and i dont look at it even.. :shrug:

·
Mr. ATX Pimp - Mod.
194 Posts
I used too, but now having the headlight switch hooked up, its too hard to turn on the lights, hold the switch, flash them, then turn the lights off

G

·
I always do it... but not w/ my headlights (at least when I'm driving the probe)

I always have my parking/fogs on, so I just flash the fogs.

No Cop can ever see that from behind me, and How can that be illegal? Can they prove that there was no other reason to flash? Can they prove that you didn't accidently hit your lights?

You people are a little too scared of police.

I always do it when I remember... I am quite grateful to the people who return the favor.

:tup: to those who flash

:tdown: to those who don't

(boy that works on many levels :wink:)

G

·
I always always flash my lights at people. Usually just turn on the parking lights, hit the headlight popup button cause its a 93, then flash the lights. That way it doesnt look like the lights are flashing it the cop sees my tailights.

They'll ticket you for obstruction of justice if they catch you doing it. Cops don't like people degrading their authority in any way. It's a $500+ ticket here in PA, i know someone that got it last year. Flashing the fogs is a good idea, anything like that. IMO it's just common courtesy, wouldnt you like to know when there's a cop up ahead? When someone else saves you from getting a ticket it's a good feeling, so by doing the same for other people you're helping to save them from an enormous hassle.

·
Fearsome Buccaneer
45 Posts
I don't know about the laws regarding that here in OR, but no, I don't do it. In my experience people just get pissed when lights are flashed at them...

But now that I think about it, more than once I've been flashed for what I thought was no reason, but maybe they knew something I didn't and I just didn't pay attention.

I have a radar dectector now though, so I just pay attention to it and the surrounding speed limits. If people behind me get pissed if I slow down, well...too bad for them.

·
Talon Member
10 Posts
My Grandpa got pulled over for flashing people once. The cop didn't ticket him, but he made it quite awkward for my Gramps by asking him why he was flashing people.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts