Rice Killer
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any difference between a police car and a police intercepter?:damack:

·
Crown Vic P71 Member
94 Posts
What????

It depends on what year model Police Car you are talking about...In the Modern context ...All Crown Vic's from the 93 to present are Police Interceptors ...The VIN # P71 signafies this...If you were in fact to go to a Ford Dealership like I have for things that you just didn't feel like or have the time to fool with...They will in fact have to enter the cars VIN #...This in turn is part of creating the Work Order....My Work Order always reads out Police Interceptor on it.....The 2000 P71 was the first to actually use the Black and Silver "Police Interceptor " Emblem.....The cars prior to this had the Gold window sticker on each rear passenger window....Some departments remove this for various reasons prior to selling the cars off at auction.....I had to replace mine when the origionals were removed to allow the adhession of my window tint....The Stickers of course were replaced as soon as the tinting was completely dry........Back in the Old days there were Police Package Cars with varying Engines in Fords History....This Ranged from some smaller In-Line 6Cyl models all the way up to a 460 C.I V-8 in the early to Mid 70's.....The 460 was an Emmissions Motor that was trying to offset it's Short Comings with More Cubic Inches......'The Real Police Interceptor Motors were the 390 and it's off-spring the 428.......And Yes these Motors had special Stickers on thier Air Cleaner Housings Stating "Police Interceptor"........I hope I have answered your question somewhere along the line........Allen

·
Crown Victoria P71 Member
8 Posts
I thought that '97 was the last year to have the Crown Victoria emblem on the back and the '98 up has either Police Interceptor or Crown Victoria depending on if they have the "Street Apperiance Package" or they are "Blacked Out". Let me know if I am wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Joel
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing